2865 - 3576 OLD AND RARE BOOKS
- Covers sl. soiled; vellum loosening at turn-ins.
Landreben, A. Over de brieven aan de Thessalonicensen. Franeker, L. Strik, 1702, 2 parts in 1 vol., (16),494,(26); (14),254,(14)p., 2 ident. engr. titles, contemp. blindst. vellum.
- Backcover sl. stained.
AND 1 other in contemp. vellum binding.
- Browned/ yellowed throughout. Covers loose and pasted over w. (old) paper; backstrip dam. and cracking.
= Muller 810; Scheepers II, 1012; Landwehr, Romeyn de Hooghe as bookillustrator 33.
- Partly (sl.) foxed; owner's entry on verso frontwr. Backstrip dam./ repaired. = Dekkers p.193, 3.
Hamerster, D. Nauwkeurige en duidelijke verklaaring over de Statuten, Ordonnantien, Reglementen, en Costumen van Rechte in Friesland; volgens Staats Resolutie van den 12 Maart 1722 gedrukt, en gepubliceerd. Ed. U.J. Huber. Franeker, D. Romar, 1783, (2),490,(2)p., modern plain wr., 4to.
- A few quires vaguely waterstained in upper corners; hinges strengthened w. brown paper.
= Dekkers p.73, 3.
AND 6 others, i.a. G. NAUTA, De Decisien van het Hoff van Frieslandt. Ed. A. Kann (Leeuw., 1779, contemp. (dam.) wr.); STAD EN LANDRECHT MITSGADERS ORDONNANTIEN EN REGLEMENTEN DES GRAAFSCHAPS CUYLENBORG (Nijm., 1746, contemp. (dam.) wr.) and J. SCHRASSERT, Stucken en Documenten behoorende tot den Codex Gelro Zutphanicus (Harderwijk, 1740, contemp. hroan).
- Large fold. plate tear in fold; sl. foxed. Ms. annot. in pen and ink on frontcover and spine.
- Bookplate on upper pastedown; portrait partly waterst.; plans sl. foxed/ 1 w. sm. tear; lvs. trifle foxed. Spine sl. rubbed.
= NHSM, p.142. Hill 1912: "In January of 1793, Woodard sailed in the American ship Enterprise from Batavia, bound for Manila. Sent off in a boat with five others to purchase provisions from another ship, they found themselves separate from their own ship after a storm. The seamen spent many days trying to locate their ship, but they were finally forced to land on Celebes, where one of them was murdered by the Malays and the others were taken into captivity. They escaped with the help of a Mohammedan priest and gradually made their way to Macassar and then back to Batavia. Included in the book is a geographical account of the island of Celebes, a brief vocabulary of the Malay language, and various concise accounts of other land and sea hardships, (...)." SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXLIII.
- Closed tear in old map near inner margin; fold. map in later handcolouring; lacks htitle.
= Nijhoff/ Van Hattum 194; cat. NHSM p.319.
- Without parts 7 and 8; partly sl. waterstained in top margin, also (vaguely) affecting the plates; final free endpaper dam. Paper over boards partly dam.
= Nijhoff/ Van Hattum 91. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXLIV.
- Waterstained throughout; hinges broken; bookblock loosening; lvs. sl frayed along upper edge. Spine-ends dam.; vellum sl. soiled.
= Nijhoff/ Van Hattum 100 and 102.
- Lacks 2 text-lvs; later manuscript annot. in pen and brown ink on verso first free endpaper; contents otherwise fine. Rebacked w. modern calf w. contemp. backstrip laid down; binding (sl.) worn along extremities.
= With the often lacking heraldic plates. Verkruijsse 1046; Nijhoff/ Van Hattum 282. The topographic bible of 17th century Zeeland, with splendid plans and (panoramic) views. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXLIV.
- Lacks all but one maps, plans and plates. Rebound; joints splitting at top of spines; binding worn along extremities. Sold w.a.f.
= Verkruijsse 1046; Nijhoff/ Van Hattum 282.
- Third part yellowed and the beginning and frontisp. loose; pastedowns torn/ lacking; vellum frontcover loosening at turn-ins.
- Occas. sl. soiled.
BOUND WITH: Idem. Vrymoedig Dog teffens nedrig discours, Betreffende Eenige zaken van het In- en Uytwendigen Des Christendoms (...). Ibid., idem, 1726, 1st ed., (20),275p.
- A few leaves sl. waterstained in outer margin.