2490 - 2676 NATURAL HISTORY, MEDICINE, SCIENCE, TRANSPORT, TECHNOLOGY
- A fine set. Vol. 10 w. one leaf loose and occas. trifle foxed. Almost all vols. spine-ends chipped and sl. worn along extremities; vol. 4 spine sl. cracked.
= Nissen, ZBI 672.
- Two vols. (partly) waterstained in upper part; most vols. occas./ sl. foxed. Spine-ends rubbed/ worn, a few chipped; board edges sl. rubbed.
= This edition not in Nissen.
- Bindings partly (sl.) discoloured; spines sunned. A fine set.
= Nissen, ZBI 1887; Landwehr, Dutch Books w. Col. Plates 72. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCIV.
- Four plates in first vol. waterstained in upper margin (affecting image). Both vols. sm. ticket on frontcover.
AND 1 other unif. bound: P. BODDAERT, Kort begrip van het zamenstel der natuur, van den heer C. Linnaeus (...) (ibid., 1783. Fine).
- Partly waterst. Spine-ends chipped; paper over frontcover wearing off.
= First Dutch edition. Nissen, ZBI 3072; Landwehr, Dutch Books w. Col. Plates 152.
= Nissen, ZBI 3365.
- Preliminary leaves yellowed; first and final part text leaves trifle waterstained in blank outer margin; one plate (skeleton of the giraffe) dam.; one plate sl. soiled. Joints and corners sl. worn.
= Nissen, ZBI 4293. Cf. Landwehr, Dutch Books w. Col. Plates 204; Sabin 100783; Brunet V, p.1472; cf. Zimmer 653, listing the first French edition published in 1804 (the original parts were published between 1766-1774).