1173 - 1801 FINE PRINTING (including ILLUSTRATED BOOKS and CARICATURE)
- Fine. = Originally published in Soleares.
= One of 20 copies on Velin Cuve, SIGNED by the author and illustrator.
- Foxed; ballpoint annot. on lower pastedown. All lvs. loose as usual.
Natsume, S. I am a Cat. Transl. K. Shibata and M. Kai. Tokyo, Kankyusha Ltd., 1961, 1st ed., (6),431,(2)p., frontisp. portr. and 5 ills., orig. cl. w. dustwr.
- Dustwr. foxed/ soiled, top edge foxed.
AND 7 other illustrated (children's) books etc., all featuring cats, i.a. H.B. PAULL, "Only a Cat;" or The Autobiography of Tom Blackman (New York, 1878, woodengr. ills., orig. gilt and dec. cl.); H.H., Letters from a Cat. Published by her Mistress for the Benefit of all Cats and the Amusement of Little Children (Boston, 1879, ills. by A. LEDYARD, orig. gilt dec. cl.); R.H. LAWRENCE, The Nine Lives of Mr Thomas Puss-Cat (London, n.d. (1897), ills. by A. HITCHCOCK, orig. silverlettered hcl.) and an early 20th cent. illustrated Japanese edition of Soseki Natsume's I am a Cat (orig. cl., binding worn).
- Very fine copy. Joints trifle rubbed at spine-ends.
= Verve vol. X, no.37/38. Sorlier 75; Mourlot 230-280. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XLV.
- Sm. tear in top margin of backwr. Otherwise fine.
- Sm. sellotape stain on first free endpaper (w. offsetting on verso frontwr.).
= With AUTOGRAPH SIGNED DEDICATION to "Margaret et A.A.M. Stols" on halftitle. Not in Monod. Rare.
Boccaccio, G. Ten Tales from the Decameron. London, privately printed, 1937, 88,(3)p., ills. by EDMONDO LUCCHESI, orig. clothbacked boards, 4to. - AND 4 others similar, i.a. P. VALÉRY, État de la vertu (Paris, 1925, printed in 230 numb. copies (20), orig. wr., 4to. One of 20 Roman numb. copies H.C., w. signed dedic. by the publisher/ printer in the colophon).
- In pencil on htitle "Jules François Félix Husson". = Vicaire II p.193-194; Monod 2538.
AND 2 others, both French language, i.a. G. DE CHERVILLE, Les chiens et les chats (Ibid., 1888, 6 engr. plates by E. LAMBERT, printed in 105 copies (100), contemp. gilt hmor., folio).
- Vol. 1 w. bookplate on upper pastedown. All vols. spine sl. sunned and chafed; corners sl. scratched.
= Vicaire II, p.246-247; Carteret III, p.143-154; cf. Ray, p.314-315. Luxuriously illustrated publication. With the later published 4th vol., which is very often lacking.
- Very fine copy.
= Unnumb. copy, but with an AUTOGRAPH SIGNED DEDICATION to Gerda Wegener on htitle and with an extra copy of the frontisp. printed in sanguine bound in. Monod 7630; Carteret IV, p.259.
- Free endpapers sl. foxed; final free endpaper sl. waterst. in outer lower corner. Binding trifle warped; short and small brown streak on frontcover in outer margin; backstrip w. sm. and slender horizontal streak and trifle dustsoiled.
= The rare DELUXE edition: one of 170 copies signed by the artist and bound in FULL VELLUM, t.e.g. First edition with the illustrations by Harry Clarke.
- Bookplate on upper pastedown; sl. foxed. Spine sl. darkened.
= Peppin/ M. p.72. First edition with the illustrations by Harry Clarke. One of 1000 unsigned copies for the English market.
= With MANUSCRIPT ANNOTATION MONOGRAMMED "H." in pencil by HUGO CLAUS on first free endpaper: "Kijk nog eens goed in Dagboekbladen".
Claus, H. I promessi sposi (eenakter). Megen, Literafiele Uitg. Perifeer, 1992, (8)p., printed in 30 numb. copies (25), orig. wr.
= SIGNED on frontwrapper.
- All tipped-in plates loose. Fine copy.
= One 50 numb. copies signed by the artist and containing a loosely inserted softground etching signed and numb. by the artist. Zonnehof-reeks 3. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XLV.
- Bookplate on upper pastedown. Joints splitting; covers sl. warped as usual; frontcover w. superficial cut.
= With SIGNED DEDICATION by the artist "Voor Leon Kinsbergen. Uit vriendschap in moeilijke dagen. A'dam 20 Juli 1942 [signature]". Van Dam/ Van Praag 634.
= With loosely inserted picture postcard with AUTOGRAPH PRESENTATION SIGNED by the artist to Gert Jan Hemmink.
= One of 15 h.c. copies with signed dedication on colophon: ""Buiten de serie" [signed] Voor Gert Jan Hemmink 3.12.2008". Rare.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XLVI.
AND a copy of the same work, same signed and numb. edition, but without the prints.
- (Remains of) ticket(s) mounted on verso of lithograph 1 (sl. pressing through) and 8 (5x). Slipcase sl. soiled/ worn/ faded. Otherwise fine.
= The Dutch edition. Simultaneously also published in an English and a German edition of each 60 numb. and signed copies. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XLVI.
= One of 5 copies (?), numb. "H.C." w. a loosely inserted manuscript poem by P. CORET.
Idem. Sebastiaan. The Hague, Tight End Press, 1987, (17)p., printed in 66 numb. copies (6).
= One of 6 copies bound in cloth and signed by the author.
AND 8 others, i.a. publications for the series Amor Vincit, Stichting Arend van Santhorst and by Paul Snijders.