5839 - 6022 FINE ARTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS and PAINTINGS
- Craquelure all over.
- Sl. foxed; sm. tear in upper margin; trifle creased.
- Frame w. some dam. spots. = Skillful drawing.
= Nice, skillful drawings.
- Paper browned; lacking part of the image in upper edge; sl. frayed/ folded along extremities.
- Creased; w. a few tiny holes; waterst. in lower corners.
= With the signature "J.L. Wensel"(?) in lower left corner, possibly by Johannes Louis Wensel (1825-1899).
- Craquelure (mainly) to the air in the upper left part; tiny scratch and imperfection to the right of the centre.
- Some discolouring due to former framing.
AND 1 similar watercolour.
- Sl. foxed; 2 vertical folds.
- Trifle yellowed.
- Trifle spotted in blank margins.
= Nice and finely drawn allegorical trophies containing musical intruments, scores and flowers.
AND 2 others, probably by the same artist: an agricultural trophy and a decorative vase.
- Verso w. remnants of paper in corners from former tipping in.
AND a similar 19th cent. city view, 15x20,5 cm., monogrammed "CAAD[?]".
- Browned; worn spot in upper right corner; sl. duststained.
- Some bubbling of paint and sl. soiled.
= Location identified on verso in pencil in modern hand. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCI.
- Ticket on verso of panel w. attribution "Bosboom".
AND an anonymous early 20th cent. painting on paper showing a cow seen from the back.