5535 - 5583 FINE ARTS - OPTICAL VIEWS and related objects
- Two tears in lower margin, just within the lower caption.
AND 2 other optical views of Utrecht by the same after the same and published by the same: "Vue du Mail d'Utrecht par devant" and "Vue du Mail d'Utrecht, sur la Maison de Belle Vue", both margins cut shorter and sl. soiled.
- Partly sl. weak impression, prob. w. additions in pen and ink; right margin vaguely waterst., just reaching image.
- Waterstained; some vertical creases in middle; left blank margin narrow.
= Cf. Sixt v. Kapff K 159. Nice profile of the city, with extensive legend identiying 70 places. Rare.
"Prospectus Amaenissimus Areae Divi Marci Venetiarum". Contemp. handcol. engr. optical view, numb. "G 2.", without address, ±1770.
- Trifle yellowed; vertical middle crease.
= Nice bird's eye view of the Piazza San Marco towards the laguna.
- Trifle spotted. = Lively view with people on the square, some playing a ball game.
- Upper left corner w. sm. tear reaching into image.
"Vuë du Chateâu Royal de Trianon, dans le parc de Versailles". Contemp. handcol. engr. optical view after P. LEPAUTRE, engr. caption below, n.pl. (Paris), n.publ., ±1770.
- Left margin (vaguely) waterst.
ADDED: an optical view of Marseilles.
- Blank margins sl. frayed.
- One print in fine condition, the others (sl.) soiled and w. (mostly marginal) waterstains.
= Sixt v. Kapff K 415-421. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXLV.
- Three small (burn?) holes, 2x in the image.
= On recto: Sixt v. Kapff K 421. Very rare combination, perhaps the proof for the mezzotint was lying around and the sheet was used again for the optical view.