5208 - 5534 FINE ARTS - GRAPHIC ART, 16th-19th CENTURY
= Hollstein 94, 3rd state of 6.
- Occas. trifle wormholed/ browned.
- Sl. soiled in margins.
AND 1 other similar erotic lithograph: "Le Passe-tems des Bergers".
- All doubled.
- Fine impression; ample margins.
= Hollstein 41, 3rd state (of 5). With a part of a Pro Patria watermark.
- Ample margins.
= Hollstein 23, the 2nd and final state. With a watermark showing the letters "WBH".
- Sl. worn/ dustsoiled/ browned/ foxed. Good impression on rather thick wove paper.
= Hollstein 14. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXXI.
- Trimmed outside the platemark; trifle yellowed near lower edge; unobtrusive sm. waterst. in upper corners.
= With the collector's mark of Friedrich August II, king of Saksen (Lugt 971) on recto.
- Binding wormholed and sl. chafed; top of spine chipped.
- Folded twice; two closed tears; sl. fingersoiled.
= Probably a single leaf trade catalogue showing 5 different types fire engines with attributes.
- All good impression cut to/ just outside the borderline.
= No. 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 11. From the series of 600 etchings depicting French views, landscapes, birds, fishes and frontispieces (Hollstein VI, p.246, not listing other prints by Flamen). Nice series, depicting the fish in the foreground and with coastal views or riverscapes in the background.
- Professional restoration in upper right corner; sm. chip in upper edge; trimmed to the borderline.
= Manuscript collector's mark ("F. Bauweraerts") and unidentified collector's stamp on verso.
Idem. (Owl attacked by other birds). Etching, 9,2x19,8 cm., signed "AB Flamen Sc" in the plate.
- Trimmed to the borderline.
- Sl. yellowed.
- Contents loose; one plate doubled; occas. sl. foxed and occas. frayed (plates fine). Sold as a collection of plates, not subject to return.
= Nissen, BBI 2386; Dunthorne 121; Landwehr, Dutch Books Col. Plates 62.
- Stain in left margin.
Anonymous (early 20th cent.). (Sketch of various flowers). Drawing, pencil and watercolour, 13x20 cm. (image), framed.
- With vague "signature" of G. van Spaendonck in lower right corner, but paper clearly 20th cent.
- Partly doubled; 2 vertical folds in centre; a few wormholes in left part and lower right corner; retouche in upper left corner.
= Bartsch 76, 2nd state of 2.
AND 5 others, i.a. a 19th cent. impression by M. DENTA DA RAVENNA and part of an engraving by G.B. CASTIGLIONE.
- Doubled w. thin Japanese; tear and some foxing in left margin.
= Hollstein 31, 2nd state (of 2); Wurzbach 22; Le Blanc 2. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXXII.
- Trifle dustsoiled. = Hollstein 31, only state.
AND 3 engravings by the same (yellowed).