5208 - 5534 FINE ARTS - GRAPHIC ART, 16th-19th CENTURY
= Hollstein 299.
= Hollstein 47, but with different dimensions. Rare second state, with the plate cut shorter and trimmed on the left side, not mentioned in Hollstein.
= Hollstein 114.
AND 3 other etchings by A. VAN EVERDINGEN (Hollstein 65 and 66, both the 3rd state (of 3). Early 18th cent. impressions) and H. NAYWINCX (Hollstein 1, the 2nd state (of 3).
- Both cut outside the borderline; trifle foxed. = Not in Hollstein.
- Sl. soiled.
AND 3 other engravings showing cows and horses by N. BERCHEM and after P. POTTER.
= Probably a copy.
- Cut just outside the borderline; doubled w. restoration paper to repair 2 large horizontal tears (centre and right part) and a few smaller tears.
= Rare. Bartsch XV, 83, 2nd state (of 2).
- Small and vague stain in lower left part of image; sl. dustsoiled.
= One of a series of 12 friezes showing i.a. nymphs and putti playing games with goats.
AND 6 other miscell. engravings by French engravers, i.a. 2 engr. views by G. PÉRELLE from the series Paysages et Ports de Mer (numb. "3" and "5", published by P. Mariette, Le Blanc 129 and 131).
- Three small restored spots in sky area; trifle foxed. Good impression w. ample margins.
= Hollstein 26, 2nd state (of 2).
- Tiny foxed spot to the right of the tower; sm. thin spot in lower blank margin.
= New Hollstein (Brueghel) 21; Hollstein III (after Brueghel) 125; Hollstein IV (Cock) 236; Hollstein IX (Van der Heyden) 30-36. Fine impression on paper with watermark of a heart with a stem ending in "4" at top under a guirlande (not in Briquet). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXVIII.
= Hollstein 78-89.
AND 19 other etchings and engravings, all religious subjects, incl. 18th cent. impressions, i.a. 2 woodcuts after A. DÜRER.
- Fine copy with broad margins.
= No. 35 of the series Emblemata saecularia, 1596. Hollstein 275.
- Fine copy with broad margins.
= No. 28 of the series Emblemata saecularia, 1596. Hollstein 268.
- Mounted under passepartout; trifle yellowed.
= Consisting of a view (17,9x25,2 cm.) w. (parts of) 5 small other views in left and lower margin, of which 3 w. resp. "Montmartre" and (both in reverse) "au Boulevard des Italiens" and "Chauffeurs publics" in the plate. Beraldi 128.
- Image worn in centre; vellum wrinkled/ dustsoiled and stained (mainly in right blank margin).
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXIX.
AND 2 other woodcuts by the same from the same series on paper, probably later impressions.
- Narrow margins; sm. tear in lower blank margin. = Possibly Hollstein 1-6, 2nd state (of 3).
- Impressions on 19th cent. paper, trimmed on/ near the borderline; one browned; the other w. 2 vertical folds/ trifle foxed.
= Lieure 667 and 668; 667 is the 5th and final state, 668 is probably the 4th state of the mentioned 'copies'.
- Sl. soiled/ wrinkled/ trifle foxed; lacking sm. part of upper left corner (blank sky area)/ right edge.
= Lieure 577, only state. With a watermark showing a sword and two letters 'C' (one in reverse).
AND 1 other by the same on thick 19th cent. paper (Lieure 166).
- Cut just outside the platemark; black scratch (0,7x7 cm.) in centre of lower borderline; sl. dustsoiled.
= Lieure 561, 4th and final state.
AND 1 smaller engraving, probably by the same.