4978 - 5172 FINE ARTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS and PAINTINGS
- The unidentified portraits and the portrait of Mr Bisarow sl. fingersoiled.
= Nice series of portraits, all by the same artist.
= Fine study. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCVIII.
AND 5 other anonymous small drawings, i.a. a drawing of a standing small chubby boy (pencil on blue paper, 15x5,5 cm.) and an allegorical drawing in pen and ink of a man pointing with his calipers at the nipple of a sculpted woman (15,5x13,2 cm.).
- Foxed/ duststained.
= On 18th cent. paper with watermark of standing bearded man Bacchus. With unidentified collector's mark in lower left corner.
- On paper w. "Adriaan Rogge" watermark (2nd half 18th/ early 19th cent.). A few specks; verso w. remnants of tipping-on.
= Verso w. "Vanderb[...]n"(?) in pencil.
AND 2 anonymous 18th cent. pen and ink line drawings showing two scenes from the life of the infant Jesus (tipped-on corners dam./ stained).
- Mounted; lower edge trimmed; vague stain near lower edge; chafed spots near upper edge.
= An exceptional ink drawing after Frans van Mieris. Perhaps by the copiist Aletta de Frey (act. 1786-1808).
- Upper right corner repaired; two closed tears near lower edge (±1 and 4 cm.); sl. duststained near upper edge; remargined.
= Finely executed drawing.
- Laid down on stiff paper. = British school, somewhat in the style of Rowlandson.
- A 14 cm. tear in lower left corner; tiny tear near right edge.
= In the style of Cornelis Kruseman.
- Tipped onto mount; sl. stained in corners.
- Craqueliure all over surface.
- Browned and duststained along margins; sl. creased; paper sl. brittle.
= Nice drawings after two prints from a series of travelling craftsmen. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCVIII.
- A few sm. brown stains.
- Sm. unobtrusive tear in one blank margin.
= Two nicely detailed and attractive drawings of Burg Hohenzollern, near Tübingen, the ancestral home of Prussian Royal House and the Hohenzollern princes. The drawings show the castle from the north-east and from the north. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCVIII.
- Sl. browned; a few sm. stains. = Nice detailed drawing.
- Sky area browned. = Vivid scene. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCIX.
- Tiny tear in upper right corner; trifle yellowed.
AND 1 other by J. LINSE.
- Mount browned. = Probably taken from an album amicorum.