4978 - 5172 FINE ARTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS and PAINTINGS
- Sl. (unevenly) browned; upper right corner w. tear; chips in left edge.
AND 1 other.
- Tipped onto mount.
= With ticket on verso of mount stating provenance as I.Q, van Regteren Altena.
- Trifle rubbed. Vague pencil sketch of a farm on verso.
= Provenance: Hans van Leeuwen with his collector's stamp (Lugt 2799a). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CIX.
- Tipped onto mount along left margin. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CX.
- Small restoration in upper right margin. Extended margins. Otherwise fine.
= Illegible collector's mark in lower left corner. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CX.
- Sl. foxed/ browned. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXI.
- Vague waterstain in left margin.
- Pinholes in corners.
- Sl. dam. along margins w. some loss of the image; sl. foxed; collector's stamp on verso (not in Lugt).
- Lacks a small portion of upper outer right corner (5x5 mm.). Sm. old ticket with number "110" in old hand pasted onto upper left corner; sl. foxed.
= Attribution on the basis of exhib. catalogue publ. by the Nijmeegs Museum "Commanderie van Sint Jan", for the exhibition of "Italiaanse tekeningen in Nederlands bezit 1570 - 1800" (12 March - 10 April 1988, introd. B. Aikema) (photocopy added). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXI.
AND 2 studies in similar style of Cattle and herdsmen/ herdswomen (both pen and brown ink and brown wash, both ±20,4x29 cm., 1x w. similar sm. ticket w. number in upper left corner and 1x w. mounted ticket w. old number on verso, and 1 leaf w. anchor watermark similar to Briquet 490, but addition of unidentified extra watermark below the anchor).
= Provenance: sale of Paul Brandt, April 1970, no.1091. With the collector's stamp of Van Eekelen on verso. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXII.
= With the collector's mark of Van Eekelen on verso and w. his annots. in pen on mount.
AND 3 other drawings, i.a. an anonymous drawing of a nightly procession and a view of the St. Martin's cathedral in Utrecht by J.W. Moll.