4978 - 5172 FINE ARTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS and PAINTINGS
- A few foxed spots. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CIII.
- A few sl. rubbed spots.
= Attractive battle scenes by an untraced artist. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CIV.
- All sl. (finger)soiled, especially in lower margin. Verso w. typescript title. = Nice sketches.
- Sl.(finger)soiled, especially in lower margin. Verso w. typescript title.
AND 2 other pencil drawings by the same: "Zandvoort" (monogrammed) and (Tafelberg near Baarn) (signed).
- (Finger)soiled/ sl. foxed in margins; small tear in right blank margin. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CIV.
- Sl. (finger)soiled, especially in lower margin; some foxing. Verso w. typescript title.
= "Oude Steiger Zwartsluis"; "Oude Stoombootsteiger Zwartsluis" and "Sluis te Zwartsluis".
= Perhaps by the later Dutch politician Jan Frederik Heemskerk (1867-1944).
- Sl. yellowed; (vaguely) waterstained; a few vague folds; small tear in right margin.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CII.
= With unidentified armorial collector's stamp on verso (Lugt 4438).
AND a charcoal city view by D. NIJLAND.
- Very fine condition. = Attractive scene. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CV.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CV.
- Upper right corner w. sm. tear; laid down on later paper.
= Archibald S. Henning is mostly known as an illustrator for the periodical Punch.
- Two vertical creases; a few brownish stains in right part.
- Middle-fold; partly foxed. Closed tears, especially in lower margin (affecting the image).
= A print after this drawing was made by Jacob de Later. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CVI.
- Partly browned and a few foxed spots.
AND 4 other drawings, i.a. a nice Dutch winter scene.