4978 - 5172 FINE ARTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS and PAINTINGS
- Name "J. Akkeringa" added in a later hand in lower right corner (possibly because in an earlier frame the original signature was covered).
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCII.
- Both tipped onto mount at upper corners/ margin; sl. yellowed/ trifle foxed; both w. erroneous attribution to J. Andriessen on verso.
= The first drawing with pencil sketch on verso.
- Upper left corner restored; old closed tears; browned/ some worn (restored?) sections.
= With on verso another pen and brown ink sketch of leaves (by the same hand?).
- Tear in upper and lower blank margin.
= With catalogue clipping attributing the drawing to Arent van Bolten (±1580-1605) tipped onto mount. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCIII.
- Folded once; a few sm. waterstains; tape ghosts in upper corners.
= On late 16th / early 17th century paper with watermark showing a monogram "I J" with a fleur-de-lis and a crescent moon or "C".
- Paper with black pollution(?); brittle, w. tear on one line due to the acidity of the ink.
= In the style of A. de Verwer.
- Sl. soiled/ foxed/ worn.
- Some rubbed spots. Possibly doubled. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCIII.
- Defects from acid bite of ink.
= With unidentified collector's mark in the centre of lower margin. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCIV.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCIV.
- Doubled (some thin spots). = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCIII.
= Not examined outside frame.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCV.
= On 17th cent. paper w. watermark of a crowned coat of arms with a fleur-de-lis. Perhaps a study for the figure of Atlas.
Anonymous (17th cent.). (Figure of Charity). Drawing, pen and (washed brown) ink, 19x15,5 cm.
- Waterstained. = On 17th cent. paper with watermark showing intertwined "C" with a cross.
- Sm. stain; some foxing and some staining on verso sl. shining through.
= Verso w. attrib. to Giovanni Benedetto Castiglione (1609-1664). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCV.
- Sm. closed wormhole and tiny chip in right margin.