4874 - 4977 FINE ARTS - VARIA, COMMERCIAL ART, PAPER, PICTURE POSTCARDS, POSTERS etc.
- Trifle frayed; a few horizontal creases from formerly being rolled.
- Upper edge margin cut off; sl. yellowed; horizontal crack in centre.
- Upper corners foxed; lower margin sl. soiled; edges trifle frayed and strengthened on verso; repaired tear in lower part.
= Rare. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCI.
- Brown stain in upper left edge; 3 horizontal folds from formerly being rolled.; trifle yellowed.
- One poster with a few repairs in the margins and on folds; occas. sl. yellowed; 1 w. pinholes in corners.
- Two horizontal creases from formerly being rolled.; pinholes in upper corners; trifle dustsoiled.
- Some rubbed sections; num. tiny foxed specks. = De Roos 1129.
AND 2 other World War II posters: ASHLEY, "Wy zullen niet rusten voordat het groote doel bereikt is (...)" and LEWITT-HIM, "Overgangsgezag. Nederland zal herrijzen" (left margins w. closed tears/ creases).
= Sold for the benefit of the Geschiedkundige Vereniging Oranje Nassau.
- Fine, unused copies.
= Extremely rare, early paper money, issued by the Grand Duchy of Tuscany to promote monetary circulation. People could exchange their coins for these bank notes, made more attractive and above all more difficult to falsify by printing etchings/ engravings by noted artists, the copper plates of which were kept in the Medici collections. The prints by Callot and Tempesta show scenes from the funeral of the Queen of Spain on 3 February 1612 (series of in total 30 plates). The sheets each contain the same text twice and were to be cut in two when used. Almost none of these bills of exchange are thought to have survived. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCII.
= I.a. Brazil Railway Company, Deli Spoorweg Maatschappij, Nederlandsch-Indische Spoorweg-Maatschappij and Poyais Loan.AND 6 other securities.
- Occas. sl. yellowed/ brittle/ wormholed.
- Folds as published.
= A very attractive collection with art nouveau and art deco designs by/ after i.a. JAN TOOROP, DAAN HOEKSEMA (?), LION CACHET, W.G. DRUPSTEEN and LUCIAN BERNHARD. I.a. stamps of World Expositions, early aeroplanes, Kwatta, Verkade, Tik-Tak, AEG and various others.
= Lace from Malines, Brussels, Lille etc.
- Mounted on board; sl. frayed along edges; a few sm. holes.
= Very rare program of Major Gordon Lillie's show in the Netherlands. The program consisted of 24 components including the burning of a corps, the lynching of a horse thief and the classical fight between cowboys and Native Americans.
- Leather dried, cracked and dam. along edges. Nevertheless an attractive screen.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCI.
- Two w. waterstains in lower margin. = Nice designs.