4680 - 4873 FINE ARTS - JAPANESE PRINTS, ORIENTAL ARTS AND MANUSCRIPTS
- Rubbed and sl. soiled. = Tentative attribution to Shunyei on verso mount.
Kiyonaga (1752-1815). (Two ladies with a servant girl, mount Fuji in the background). Col. woodcut ôban, signed Kiyonaga ga, no publisher.
- Badly browned; doubled; a few small closed wormholes. Sold w.a.f.
- Sl. faded.
= Collection of mon or family crests and heraldic devices.
AND 1 similar.
- Strong impression.
- Laid down on mount.
- Wormholed. Binding soiled.
= This atlas "Shina Rekidai Enkaku Zu" is a kind of pirate edition by Seiken Ninomiya, issued later in 1855, based on Sekisui Nagakubos "Todo Rekidai Shugun Enkaku Chizu. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXV.
- Fine copy, only a few tiny specks.
= Chaïkin, The Sino-Japanese War 62. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXVI.
- Sm. closed tear in right margin of right hand print; corners of border partly sl. worn.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXVI.
- Album backing; one sheet sm. dog ear; one sheet sm. marginal tear.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXVII.
- Album backing; torn/ weak junction between sheets repaired on verso w. strips of scotch tape; closed tear (or printer's flaw?) in right margin of middle sheet; two (sm.) stains at junction of left and middle sheet.
- Very fine set. One title-ticket on frontwr. dam.
= Beautiful reprint of the Shih Chu-Chai Chien-p'u (Collection of decorated writing paper from the Ten Bamboo Studios); after the edition published by Hu Cheng-yen in 1644. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXVII.
= Possibly a depiction of the poetess Ono no Komachi.
AND 8 other drawings.
- Trifle foxed; one leaf w. two sm. tears in lower edge.
= Mostly landscapes but also a few studies of rockformations and plants.