4508 - 4568 FINE ARTS - CERAMICS, SCULPTURE
- Three sm. glazing flaws near the bottom and one near the mouth.
= Throughout 1915-1916 Willem van Norden prepared a large number of unique carduus vases for exhibition at the Larensche Kunsthandel. This is one of those vases.
- Some chips and a small crack at mouth; a few glazing flaws; (sl.) craquelé.
AND a small narrow vase w. Nienhuis décor (model 146. Chip and sm. crack at mouth).
- Light orange-peel glazing flaws, otherwise fine.
AND 2 small others, both w. geometrical dec. in black and ochre on terracotta ground: a belly vase and a circular container w. lid (the latter w. carefully restored crack/ fracture).
- A few tiny chips from edge of foot; a few glazing flaw specks.
AND a smaller narrow amphora w. similar décor (bottom w. painted "372", "X" and "VM"/ "MV").
- Decoration with very light 'orange peel' effect due to production flaw (insufficient firing).
= A quirky little vase with three concave dents (model 431, trifle craquelé), a jam pot with lid (model 428, trifle craquelé), a pitcher (model 339) and two other vases (model 114 and 10, the latter w. tiny chip/ crack at mouth and a few glazing flaws).
- One vase w. very small crack at mouth.
= Nice export 'faux-Distel' vases, probably by Oscar and Edgar Gutherz (Altrohlau, Austria), with décor after BERT NIENHUIS, manufactured before 1918.
= Probably a study for a larger piece.
- Small chip of marble broken off at lower right back corner base. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXII.
= Provenance: KIK, Arnhem.
= Provenance: KIK, Arnhem. SEE ILUSTRATION PLATE LXII.
= Title supplied on label on the box. This brooch was made for the 'Kunstuitleen in Museum Het Kruithuis'. With a newspaper clipping from NRC Handelsblad from 08-11-1990 on the Kunstuitleen and this particular brooch.
= Design for a granite sculpture, nowadays standing at the J.M. den Uylweg, Amsterdam. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXIII.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXIV.
- Lid w. two repaired fractures; bowl w. two small cracks; bowl discoloured/ yellowed and spotted.
AND a saucer with matching decoration and painted "De Jong's Chocolade Hagelslag" in capitals (Ø 13,2 cm., bottom w. "N.V. Koninklijke Plateelbakkerij Zuid-Holland Gouda" logo stamp. Sl. discoloured/ yellowed). - ADDED: 4 small/ miniature (pitcher) vases by i.a. the same manufacturer, i.a. a nice floral pitcher w. on bottom i.a. "Poly Holland" (2 other vases w. a few sm. defects at edges).