3411 - 4507 FINE ARTS - MODERN ART. PRINTS, DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS and PAINTINGS
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE VI.
- Trifle yellowed strip near lower edge.
- Small wormholes or pinholes in corners/ margins.
- Foxed, mostly in margins. = Proof of an earlier state.
Idem. The same etching in the final state, 23x33,5 cm. (image), on chine collé, "Gravé par Bracquemond" and "Avril 1894" in the plate below image.
- Sl. foxed in margins.
= Provenance: Jaski Art Gallery, Amst. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE VI.
- Badly yellowed; some creases and a small tear in middle-section. = Gaunt 78. Impressive etching.
- A few professionally closed/ strengthened spots on verso (mainly strengthening of weak spots along the plate margin).
= Gaunt 43. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE VII.
- Lacks 8 lithographs. = Specimen.
= Exhibited in the Stedelijk Museum Amst., Nov. 1979-Jan. 1980, and depicted in the exhib. cat. (no.660) w. titles "Tekening 91a" and "Tekening 91b". SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE VII.
- Small ticket numb. "89" in lower left corner. (Dust)soiled; pinholes and 1 sm. tear in blank margin.
= Henri Breetvelt worked for the Aardewerkfabriek Zuid-Holland (1900-1902), the Société Céramique (1902-1906) and Porceleinfabriek De Kroon (1906-1909). He was artistically in charge at De Kroon, but then started his own atelier in The Hague and finally worked again for Zuid-Holland from 1916 to 1923. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE VIII.