1060 - 1646 FINE PRINTING (including ILLUSTRATED BOOKS and CARICATURE)
- Fine copy. = Rietsuiker was previously published in Propria Cures, year 79, no. 14.
- Both boxes w. brownish stain on right side.
AND a small portrait, digitally printed on canvas, of the author by P. DONKERSLOOT, signed by the artist in black marker pen.
= Very nice mock encyclopaedia, entirely written in a phantasy language, with surrealistic illustrations.
- Some vague pencil markings in blank margin. Spine-ends trifle worn.
- Orig. wr. sl. foxed.
= Monod 9810; Manet to Hockney 12. One of 2 vols. designed by Joseph Rippl-Rónai and his friend James Pitcairn-Knowles, who had formed the plan to illustrate an imaginary book for which the story would only afterwards be written (the second work was titled Les Tombeaux). Bing proposed to commission Rodenbach to write the story, who complied immediately. Rippl-Rónai, who lived in Paris between 1887-1902, belonged to the Nabis group. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LX.
= One of 50 numb. copies of the DELUXE edition on Pannekoek, this copy bound by E.P. VAN BOMMEL in crushed brown morocco w. gilt fillet line around sides, surrounding a quadruple gilt line panel, broad turn-ins w. quadruple gilt fillet line, gilt boardedges, gilt spine w. 5 raised bands, t.e.g., orig. wr. pres.
- Lacks colophon leaf. Covers sl. foxed; backcover sl. scratched; joints worn.
Versailles Songes et Regrets. Ed. G.-J. Aubry. Paris, Odé, 1944, no pagination, 24 pochoir col. lithographs by i.a. CLAVÉ, GRAU SALA, SALVAT and G. DE SAINTE-CROIX, printed in 416 numb. copies (300), loose as issued in orig. lithogr. wr., in orig. board portfolio w. lithogr. title-piece on frontcover, large 4to.
- Spine-ends and joints of portfolio sl. rubbed. = Monod 11151.
- First vol. endpapers sl. browned. First vol. vellum trifle dustsoiled, mostly on backcover.
= Both one of 25 numb. DELUXE copies on Van Gelder, bound in gilt dec. overlapping vellum designed by R.N. ROLAND HOLST (1st vol.; cf. Braches 1619 (trade copy))/ P.A.H. HOFMAN (2nd vol.), t.e.g. (both copies gilding partly sl. scratched).
- Some sl. foxing; free endpapers browned as usual. Letterpiece on spine partly dam.
= Braches 1673; Cat. Ned. Boek 32.
Nouhuys, W.G. van. Egidius en de vreemdeling. Haarlem, Erven F. Bohn, 1899, (4),46p., frontisp. portrait, 2 plates and orig. wr. by J. TOOROP, 4to.
- Sl. foxed; first and last leaf w. offsetting from wr. Wrappers foxed and soiled/ sl. stained; sm. dam. in upper corner frontwr.
= Braches 2134; Cat. Ned. Boek 80.
AND 3 others: P.H. VAN MOERKERKEN, Modron (Amst., 1903, bookdec. by the author. Two copies: in orig. vellumbacked dec. boards (covers sl. foxed/ soiled/ rubbed) and in orig. dec. wr. Braches 1235) and (A. VERWEY), Spaansche reis (n.pl., (1894), vignettes by G.W. DIJSSELHOFF, orig. plain boards, 4to. Braches 364).
- Box lacks locking-pin and key. Otherwise fine.
AND 11 others in 12 vols., i.a. J. LAFORGE, Moralités légendaires (Paris, 1920, etched frontisp. by C. BRANDEL, printed in 1998 numb. copies (1900), orig. wr.); P. JARRY, Etudiants et Grisettes Romantiques (Paris, 1927, plates and ills. after various artists, printed in 1215 numb. copies (975), contemp. gilt hmor., orig. wr. pres.) and G. DUHAMEL, Le prince Jaffar (Paris, 1926, num. pochoir-col. ills. by PICART LE DOUX, printed in 550 numb. copies (500), orig. wr. Backstrip dam.).
- Fine set. = Collection "Selecta" des Classiques Garnier.
- Bookplate on upper pastedown. Upper hinge splitting at foot of spine.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LX.
- Three bookplates on endpapers; orig. wr. browned/ lacking sm. part of upper left corner; frontisp. foxed; stamp/ offset of bookplate on title-p.; lvs. trifle foxed. Spine sl. soiled.
= Rouir 830; Vicaire III, 1154.
- Sl. foxed; some offsetting from the plates. Board edges rubbed.
= Miniature edition. Abbey. Life in England 269; Tooley 430; Ray, p.27: "The misadventures of this elderly pedant gave Rowlandson ample scope for the comic designs of which he was a master, and the three books which deal with Syntax were his greatest success as an illustrator."
- Dustwr. dustsoiled. Otherwise fine. = Cf. Rose 4976.
= One of 250 copies, signed by the author L. CONDOMINAS.
- Chemise and slipcase sl. (finger) soiled and a few sm. worn spots.
= Monod 8506. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXI.