1 - 93 BIBLIOGRAPHY and TYPOGRAPHY
= Published by the paper firm Proost en Brandt, Amsterdam, to send to relations.
- Small ticket on first free endpaper. Dustwr. sl. discoloured/ trifle frayed along extremities.
- The metal oxidized.
- Sl. stained/ oxidized. One section of brass movable part sl. bent.
- Some worn/ sl. dam. spots in leather.
= Attractively decorated leather, probably taken from a piece of 18th cent. leather wall decoration.
- Interleaved w. num. mounted clippings and annotations; bookblock loose. Spine worn. Sold w.a.f.
= Still one of the main bibliographies on the history of Dutch travel.
AND 3 others i.a. H.E. SMITH, American Travellers abroad (London etc., 1999, 2nd ed., orig. gilt cl.).
- Sl. yellowed and w. some offsetting from opposite pages; bookplate (J.A. Dortmond) on upper pastedown. Spine discoloured.
- Two stamps on first blank; otherwise fine. = Lane/ Lommen 1285.
- Hinges of bindings weak; wr. sl. frayed and some covers (loose)ning.
= Set comprises i.a. 2 prospectusses, including 1 w. original col. woodcut frontcover; original woodcuts by J. FRANKEN; Ex- Libris by ARM RELS for M. ROBERT, J. CRAN, J. POTVIN, P. LEDUC, G. LE ROY; ex-libris by JAC. A. JACOBS for A. BROM JR. and J.H. GUNNING and a woodcut plate by A. HAHN.
ADDED: 13 vols. of DER ZWIEBELFISCH (Munich, 1910-1926, orig. almost unif. col. lithogr. dec. wr. (6x) and orig. almost. unif. wr. (7x)).
- Occas. a few foxed spots. Covers sl. frayed.
= Set comprises the following issues: Juni, August, October, November and December 1910; February 1911; 1923 and 1926.
- First few lvs. w. sm. foxed spots. Spine trifle dam.