6196 - 6463 PRINTS - DUTCH TOPOGRAPHY. MAPS, PLANS, VIEWS
- Trifle creased/ soiled.
AND 7 large (fold.) engr. maps from W. EEKHOFF, Nieuwe atlas van de provincie Friesland (by D. and H. VEELWAARD after J.W. WITTEVEEN (all "L. Schweickhardt scripst."), occas. w. handcol. borders, ±1850).
- Occas. sl. dustsoiled in margins and w. sm. tears at ends of folds.
= Leeuwarderadeel, Opsterland, Schoterland, Smallingerland, Stellingwerf-Oosteinde and -Westeinde, and Tietjerksteradeel.
- Sm. closed tear at lower end of middle fold, sl. affecting map area; oblique fold left of middle fold.
= De Rijke 47.3 (of 6 states, with the compass grades).
- Unobtrusive closed tear (±5 cm.) in lower margin of image; formerly folded twice but the folds hardly visible; light printer's flaw in sea area.
= De Rijke 36.9; Vredenberg-Alink IV B 6.
- Neatly remargined; sl. waterstained around title-cartouche.
= Shows Friesland, Groningen, Ostfriesland, Drenthe and Overijssel. De Rijke 6.1; Van den Broecke (1996) 80.1 (of 5; before stippling around letters in sea) and (2011) 80.2 (of 6); Van der Krogt/ Koeman IIIB, 3040:31.1.
- Remargined at the left; trifle yellowed/ foxed (mainly in blank margins).
= From Thooneel der Steden ende Sterckten van t'Vereenight Nederlandt, ±1675.
AND 14 other plans/ views, mainly late 16th-18th cent., i.a. "Civitas Mons Geertrudans (...)" and "Geertruyenberg" (engr. bird's eye plan and handcol. engr. profile, both from GUICCIARDINI, early 17th cent.), "Gertruÿdenberg" (engr. profile w. figures of Castor and Pollux, from D. FASSMANN, Der (...) reisende Chineser, ±1725), "S. Geertruyden Berg" (handcol. engr. bird's eye plan from BOXHORN, ±1630) and "Gezigt op de vesting Geertruidenberg (van de zijde des Forts te zien)" (lithogr. view by F. BÖGER, ±1850).
- Both w. narrow lower blank margins, occas. touching borderline; the second very vaguely waterstained in lower margin.
= Vredenberg-Alink 41b and 17b.
- Sm. tear at top of middle fold. = Vredenberg-Alink 41b.
= Vredenberg-Alink p.131, 4b.
- Brown inkstain (thin line) in upper left corner; vague waterstain in centre around middle fold; repaired tear in lower outer right corner (mainly affecting border of map).
= Van den Broecke 61.1 (of 4/ 5 states (eds. 2006/ 2011), i.a. with the word "Milliarin" unchanged in the scale bar); Vredenberg-Alink p.27, 9a/ b; Van der Krogt/ Koeman IIIB, 3700:31A.
- Narrow upper margin; sm. closed tear in lower left blank corner
= Van den Broecke (2nd ed.) 61.2 (of 4 states, with cross hatching in the scale bar and with the name "Velnwe" for Veluwe) and (1st ed., listing only 2 states) 61.1 (the word "milliarin" not yet changed into "Milliaria"); Vredenberg-Alink p.27, 9b; Van der Krogt/ Koeman IIIB, 3700:31A.
- Washed; three vertical folds (as publ.) flattened (and strengthened).
= Van den Broecke 62, only state; Vredenberg-Alink p.27, 10; Van der Krogt/ Koeman IIIB, 3700:31B. Variant of Van den Broecke 61, with two war ships instead of one and "Brabantiae Pars" in cursive, and without painter's utensils around the cartouche. This variant plate existed side by side with the other from as early as 1579 onwards.
- Sl. yellowed/ foxed. Slipcase worn. = Vredenberg-Alink p.74, no.102.
= Fine detailed map. Vredenberg-Alink 77b.
- Upper right corner creased; sm. tear in caption.
AND 1 other sm. view of Gorinchem by A. RADEMAKER.
= F.M. 4670.
- Vaguely waterst./ some other imperfections (especially near middle-section).
= From a larger sheet (orig. also containing a profile of Rotterdam). Van der Krogt/ Koeman IV-2/2, 3784; De Jong, Gouda in vogelvlucht 1.
- Some old and a few false folds; sm. waterstain in map; lower and left blank margin strengthened.
= Cf. F.M. 1183 for the edition with French text below, publ. Amst., Corn. Nicolaesz. ("Zéér zeldzaam"); not in Atlas van Stolk. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CLIII.