6196 - 6463 PRINTS - DUTCH TOPOGRAPHY. MAPS, PLANS, VIEWS
- Foxed (especially in left margin). Not examined outside frame.
- Trifle stained in blank margins; w. manuscript "144" in upper right corner.
- Yellowed/ sl. browned; closed tears in margins and along former middle fold.
= Shows the ambitious expansion plans of mayor Hendrik Moreelse, which were never realized.
- Upper margin restored; trifle creased and yellowed.
ADDED: "Ducatus Geldriae novissima descriptio". Engr. map w. handcol. borders and 2 cartouches by B.F. VAN BERCKENRODE, 39x50,5 cm., Amst., H. Hondius, 1629.
- Sl. creased and yellowed; blank margins sl. frayed. = Vredenberg-Alink 29a.
- Yellowed; two tears or printer's flaws.
= One sheet only of an unidentified French wallmap, "Hollande No. 8", consisting of four quarters (numb. 27, 28, 33 and 34), showing part of Utrecht Province and the Zuiderzee (w. a ship and a fishing boat).
- Folds as published (flattened).
ADDED: 2 others (both poor copies).
- Worn along extremities; a few tears in edges affecting the image; sl. yellowed.
"Tabula nova Provinciae Ultrajectinae". Contemp. engr. map after B. DU ROY by L. VAN ANSE, in 2 (mounted) parts, 47x87 cm. (total size), Amst., P. Schenk Jr., ±1740.
- Browned around folding/ mounted lines; frayed (mainly) along left edge.
= Koeman III, 184 (245). Large and detailed map, including the entire Veluwe, originally published by Nic. Visscher, his address still present in the large cartouche.
AND 2 others, 1 similar engr. table published in 1718 (dam.) and 1 etching by J.C. PHILIPS titled "De Stad Utrecht, van het Paarden Veld te zien".
- Middle fold flattened; vague sm. stain in skirt of costume figure.
= Donkersloot-De Vrij 3; Van der Krogt/ Koeman IV-2/2, 4539.
AND 3 others of Utrecht: 2 diff. engr. profiles from GUICCIARDINI/ JAN JANSZ. (±1615) and MERIAN (1659), and a woodcut bird's eye plan on a textleaf from S. MÜNSTER, ±1580.
- Upper right and both lower corners expertly restored (w. ms. addition of borderline in lower corners).
"Episcop. Ultraiectinus". Engr. map by B.F. VAN BERKENRODE, engr. by E.S. HAMERSVELDT, w. title-cartouche, 37,5x49 cm., Amst., H. Hondius, 1628.
- Restored copy, mainly along middle fold and in upper blank margin, occas. w. some ms. additions.
- Trifle waterstained in lower margin, vaguely affecting lower border. = Nicely coloured map.
- Sl. yellowed/ foxed. = Van der Krogt/ Koeman 3660:2.
ADDED: "Urbis Campensis ad Isalam Fluvium, Icon" (engr. bird's eye plan from BRAUN/ HOGENBERG, ±1580. Middle fold flattened).
- Two sm. closed tears (or creases?) in lower corner (not examined outside frame). Very good copy.
= Koeman IV, Wag 4A or 4B [46c]. "Thanks to the unparalleled skill of the engravers, Baptist and Johannes van Deutecom, the original ms. charts by Waghenaer were transformed into the most beautiful maps of the period" (Koeman IV, p.469). Rare and decorative chart. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CLX.
- Fine. = Koeman IV Don, 33 (3). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CLX.
- Trifle foxed; a few sm. tears in outer blank margins. = Rare.
- Trifle/ sl. creased (mainly in left margin); sl. dustsoiled in left and right margin.
= Detailed map showing the poldered area near Zuiddorpe in Zeeuws Vlaanderen, east of Sas van Gent, with the fortresses Moerspuij, St. Geleijn and St. Joseph ("gedemolieert"). With extensive text on the land area of parts of the polder, a legend and a key to the 11 parcels, of some of which the ownership is indicated (i.a. "het Clooster ter Haghen" and "de Heeren Lammens en Alvarez"). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CLXI.
= Blonk-van der Wijst 9.2i; Koeman/ Van der Krogt I, 3600:1A.
- Yellowed. = Blonk-van der Wijst 8.2; Guicciardini Illustratus 1.2 (numb. "44").
- Offsetting of green colour; two sm. marginal closed tears; a few tiny holes along middle fold.
= Van den Broecke 78.1; Blonk-van der Wijst 2, 1st state of 9. Decorative map with ships and Neptune on the back of a whale. According to Van den Broecke 275 copies were printed of this edition of 1571. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CLXI.
- Fine copy.
= Blonk-van der Wijst 2, 7th state of 9; Van den Broecke (2006) 78.3 (of 3) and (2011) 78.8 (of 10); Van der Krogt/ Koeman IIIB, 3600:31. Decorative map with ships and Neptune on the back of a whale.