5636 - 5985 PRINTS - GRAPHIC ART, 16th-19th CENTURY
- Laid down on mount; trimmed to the borderline; upper corners sl. dam.; some brown spots.
= Hollstein 131, only state.
- Tiny (pin)hole in branch of tree; prob. 18th cent. impression.
= Hollstein (Waterloo) 20; Hollstein (Ruischer) 11. The first state is by Johannes Ruischer. This is the 2nd state, the first and only reworked state by Waterloo.
AND 1 other by the same: Entrance to a wood (etching, 9,2x15,4 cm. Sl. foxed; Hollst. 19, 3rd state (of 3)).
= Provenance the estate of Jan Veth and heirs.
- Fine impression w. small margins. = Hollstein 92, probably the 2nd state (of 3).
- Good, contemp. impression, trimmed just outside the platemark.
= Hollstein 1894 (The Wierix family), the only state.
- Very vague waterstain in left margin. = F.M. Portretten 4809; Hollstein 5.
AND 3 other mezzotints, i.a. A. VAN DER BURCH, "Albertus vander Burch, pictor Delph:" (selfportrait, monogrammed "AVB", w. contemp. manuscript in pen caption below. Vaguely waterstained in left margin; F.M.P. 106).
- Lacks Louwmaand (January), Zomermaand (June) and Slachtmaand (November). Folds as published; a few prints trifle/ sl. stained in lower blank margin.
AND 5 copies from the same series but printed in brown and w. captions "Maart", "April", "Juny" etc., handcol. (March, April, June, July and October).
- Trimmed to the borderline; sm. red spot in centre; vague red glow in upper part of image; a few traces of use.
= Bartsch VII, p. 246, no. 3; Passavant 78; Geisberg 1509. Rare print. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXXXII.
- Trimmed just outside the borderline, a few tiny foxed spots. = Hollstein 45, 2nd state (of 2).
- Trimmed just outside the borderline; sm. annotation in pen on verso at the centre of lower margin.
= Hollstein 10, 3rd state (of 3).