5636 - 5985 PRINTS - GRAPHIC ART, 16th-19th CENTURY
- Two prints trimmed to the platemark (and 1x also to the lower borderline, eliminating Latin caption); all prints trifle/ sl. spotted (incl. some sm. pieces of tape etc. on verso shining through).
= Pennington/ Parthey 1811, 1815, 1819, 1827, 1832, 1880 and 1881, all 2nd/ 3rd final state or only state.
- One print trimmed within the platemark (touching the circle's edge at one point); one print trifle yellowed.
= From a series of 37 (According to Pennington)/ two series of 23/ 13 (Hollstein) women's heads. Pennington 1908 (only state) and 1912 (2x; 1st and 4th (or 2nd?) state of 4); Hollstein 370 (only state) and 704 (1st and 4th (2nd?) state). The later state of P.1912 w. the collector's stamp of Jules Michelin (±1815-1870) on verso (Lugt 1490).
- Probably a late 18th/ early 19th cent. impression on wove paper, with "WHollar fecit 1646" partly worn away/ earsed in the plate.
= Pennington 1641, 3rd state of 5.
- Trimmed to/ just inside the borderline and mounted on laid paper. Trifle foxed.
= Hollstein 27-32.
- Trifle foxed; outer blank margins yellowed (due to former framing).
= Landwehr, R. de H. the etcher p.213, I; F.M. 2754a. Interesting print showing the interior of a hospital in which the furious Deodat (= Louis XIV in full armour) tries to draw his sword, but is prevented by the figure of William III. Meanwhile a German doctor is examining the French King's urine. This central group is surrounded by several other figures, i.a. the sick Queen of England and the Prince of Wales (depicted as an infant). Splendid large etching in favour of William III and against Prince Charles, king Louis XIV and the Pope. With the often lacking poem.
- Unobtrusive closed tear in right margin and part of the image; sl. soiled w. sm. stains in lower margin.
- Trimmed on the borderline; one repaired tear in lower right corner w. whitish offset; trifle foxed.
= Part of the 2015 exhibition "Echte Winters. Het winterlandschap in de negentiende eeuw" In Teyler's Museum (exhib. cat. p. 23). F.M. 6340. Splendid and rare large print, finely handcoloured. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXV.
- Ample margins and partly sl. soiled on recto in margins and on verso.
- Both sl. yellowed; the 2nd w. 2 sm. vertical tears in lower margin (penetrating the image).
= Landwehr p.79; F.M. 2827(4 and 6).
AND 1 other.
- Doubled. (Very) fine copy.
= F.M. 1153; Van Someren 195; Hollstein 8 (under N. van Geilkercken). Rare, spectacular portrait. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXVIII.
= Pendant portraits of William V of Orange-Nassau (the last stadt-holder) and his wife on horseback.
- Fine impressions, cut to/ just outside the platemark; w. some remnants of former mounting.
= Hollstein 35-44, both 1st state (of 2).
- Trimmed to the platemark and pasted to mount along margins; sl. age-toned. = Hollstein 120, only state.
Idem (attrib.). Anna Mary, Queen of Bohemia, daughter of Charles V. Engr. portrait within dec. border, 29,8x19,6 cm., "Liefrinck excud." and "Maria Austr. Reg. Boem. Caroli V. Imp. Filia" in the plate.
- Trimmed to the borderline/ platemark and pasted to mount along margins; sl. age-toned.
= Hollstein (Liefrinck) 67, only state.
Heyden, P. van der (±1530-±1572). Christian III, King of Denmark. Engr. oval portrait, 19,5x15,8 cm., monogrammed, "Cock. excud." and "Cristianus D G Rex Daniae et Norvegiae (...)" in the plate.
- Trimmed to/ within the borderline/ platemark and pasted to mount along margins; trifle foxed.
= Hollstein 142.
- Partly foxed. = Hollstein 6, the 2nd state (of 2).
Idem. Landscape with shepherd and his flock. Etching, 12x8,5 m., "F.V.W. ex" in the plate, tipped onto mount.
- Sl. foxed/ waterst. = Hollstein 7 (w. diff. size), 2nd state (of 2).
AND 4 other etchings, i.a. by L. VAN UDEN (3x).
- Lacks 10 etchings. Cl. worn/ sl. dam.
= Comprises plates 1, 3, 4, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 18.
- Cut on/ just outside the borderline; remargined.
= Provenance: Unicorno collection. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXVI.
- Ample margins.
= Delteil 2, the second state (of 2): "Rare". With watermark showing "Hallines". SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXVI.
- Ample margins; a few tiny brown stains in margins.
= Delteil 4, the second state (of 2). With watermark showing "Hudelist". SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXVII.
- Ample margins; sl. yellowed. = Delteil 20, 2nd state (of 4). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXVII.