2896 - 3632 OLD AND RARE BOOKS
- Sl. yellowed.
= Landwehr 509 (erroneously 100 emblems); Klaversma/ Hannema 922-926; Van Eeghen/ Van der Kellen 438. The first edition.
- Frontisp. re-attached and w. 2 sm. drawings of flowers; partly waterstained. Foot of spine restored.
= Landwehr 480; Klaversma/ Hannema 965; Van Eeghen/ Van der Kellen 447.
- Occas. trifle foxed; upper hinge weak. Vellum trifle soiled. Otherwise a fine copy.
= Landwehr 480 and 490; Praz p.406; Klaversma/ Hannema 963 and 1028.
- Three leaves (sl.) stained in blank margin; annot. in ballpoint on first free endpaper.
= Klaversma/ Hannema 1044; Van Eeghen/ Van der Kellen 399; Landwehr 387.
- Minor imperfections, a very fine copy, albeit with some weak impressions.
= Klaversma/ Hannema 1018; Landwehr 537; Van Eeghen/ Van der Kellen 244.
- Stamp on title-p.; binding sl. worn along extremities. = Landwehr 582; De Vries 221, III.
- Waterstain in lower outer corner; one leaf w. repaired lower outer corner; occas. sl. foxed; weak hinges.
= Rare. Landwehr, Romanic emblem books 609 (in total 65 lvs. w. devices); Praz p.458 note (mentions this edition with 47 devices).
- Library stamp on title-p.; partly vaguely waterst. in lower blank corner. Joints split; top of spine sl. chipped. Nevertheless a good/ fine copy.
= Landwehr 683; Praz p.494. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXLIII.
- Bookblock loose; especially first half severly wormholed; contents partly browned/ waterstained; plates mostly fine. Binding dam. Sold w.a.f.
= Praz p.482; Adams R953.
- A few expertly closed tears, 1x sl. affecting image; partly w. very vague waterstain in upper outer corner; occas. sl. yellowed; first blank w. many old (i.a. 1707) owner's entries/ calligraphic doodles; later endpapers. Binding w. restored spots.
= The rare first edition. Landwehr 727; Praz p.493. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXLIII.
- Lacks final preliminary leaf w. portrait and lacks the second part with poems by Schoonhovius (p.222-250); waterst. throughout, occas. affecting the emblems; hinges weak; contents loosening (one leaf loose). Covers worn/ dam. Sold w.a.f.
= The rare first edition. Landwehr 727; Praz, p.493.
- Occas. trifle foxed; endpapers worn (along extremities). Binding trifle soiled.
= Landwehr 754; Praz p.501.
- Mediocre copy: lacks title-p., first textleaf and 2 lvs. w. emblems; partly (heavily) browned and waterst.; one leaf loose. Upper joint splitting; binding rubbed and worn. Sold w.a.f.
= Landwehr 828; Praz p.524.
- Lacking 17 plates and last 5 pages; several leaves repaired/ waterst./ foxed/ dustsoiled/ partly mounted on new leaf. Binding w. a few rubbed spots.
= Landwehr 817; Praz p.523; Cicognara 1970. The rare first edition.
- Small tear in fold. plate; occas. yellowed and trifle foxed; upper and lower hinge showing but strong. Spine restored.
= Verso title-p. w. large mounted engr. heraldic (book)plate of Ferdinand Maria de Lobkowitz (1726-1795) and small heraldic stamp "Bibliotheca P.D.L." Praz 524; Adams/ Rawles/ Saunders F601; Landwehr 479. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXLIV.
- As often incomplete: lacks 3 leaves: H5, H6 and M5; a few lvs. loose; sl. wormholed in lower margin; partly waterstained in lower outer corner.
= Landwehr 843; Praz 523. The first 8vo edition.
- Plates partly foxed in margins. Corners showing, otherwise binding (sl.) rubbed along extremities.
= The first edition of the Dutch translation by J. Konijnenburg of one of the earliest works on mimicking (first German ed. 1785-1786).
- First work lacks 1 portrait; the fold. plan doubled, partly soiled and w. tears along folds; for the larger part waterst. in (mainly blank) margins; new endpapers.
= Nijhoff/ Van Hattum 45; Bodel Nijenhuis 1659; Haitsma Mulier/ Van der Lem 81d.
- Contents sl. yellowed w. some brown spots throughout; new endpapers. Backstrip dam.; joints split(ting); binding worn along extremities.
AND 1 other by the same: Les colloques choisis D'Erasme, traduits en francois. (Lyon, 1768, contemp. calf, sm. 8vo).