2269 - 2437 NATURAL HISTORY, SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, TRANSPORT
= Three more vols. were published.
- Small crack near upper hinge; sm. stamp on upper pastedown.
- Trifle/ sl. foxed (mainly text). Binding vol.4 rubbed. = Nissen, IVB 428.
- Occas. sl. foxed. Otherwise fine.
= Nissen IVB, 491; Landwehr, Dutch Books Col. Plates 86. Zimmer, Ayer Orn. Libr. p.347: "(...) excellent handcoloured plates". SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCII.
- Wr. stained and frayed.
Thornburn, A. The complete Illustrated Thornburn's Birds. Ware, Wordsworth, 1989, 5 parts in 1 vol., num. ills., orig. cl. w. dustwr., large 4to.
= Facsimile reprint of the edition 1915-1918.
AND 3 others.
- Title-p. loose(ning); first plate loose; sl. foxed. Spine-ends dam.; joints sl. rubbed.
= Nissen, IVB 644; Zimmer p.442; Anker 345: "A collection of accounts of British game birds with a statement of the distribution and habits of the species and descriptions of the birds, their eggs and nests, and notes on their value as articles of food."
- Occas. waterstained/ frayed/ strengthened in outer blank margins (incl. a few plates); part 1 the last 6 plates w. ms. addition of bird names, numbers and pasted over plate number; hinges weak. Backstrip lacking.
= Without plate XXI as published. Nissen, IVB 686.
AND 2 others in 3 vols.: P.G. BUEKERS, Onze vogels (Zutphen, (1922), 2nd ed., 50 col. plates, orig. unif. dec. cl.) and J.H. VAN BALEN, Onze vogels of De vogels van Nederland (Gron., 1880, woodengr. ills., contemp. gilt hcalf).
- Fist page partly yellowed (due to window in frontwr.) and trifle foxed. Wrappers sl. frayed; spine sl. dam.; some surface dam. from silverfish.
= WITH 2 information leaflets (both 4p.) on the radio parts "L.F.-Transformator Type 4003" ("R 281 H." and "15/1127") and "hoogvacuum Gelijkrichtlamp No. 506" ("R 1001 H. - 1/230").
AND 3 others on Philips, i.a. a series of 10 tinted picture postcards showing the (construction of) the Klokgebouw, ±1930.
- Spines rubbed; sm. annot. in pen on backwr. of issue no.3; ruststained near staples. Otherwise fine.
= "The World's first Television Journal" (frontwr. of issue no.1).
= Nice brochure showing three train models, "Léger", "Triple" and "Double".
ADDED: Bugatti. Naval Yards of Maisons-Laffitte. Paris, Maisons-Laffitte, printed by Curial-Archereau (Paris), 1946, twice-folding brochure richly illustrated in colour by R. GÉRI.
= Presents the motored You-You pleasure boat.
- Spine portfolio dam.
- A few lvs. loose(ning).
= Richly illustrated memorial of Dutch railway architecture of the late 19th cent./ early 20th cent.
= Fine trade-catalogue w. very nice Art Nouveau decoration.
- The plates trifle foxed; text occas. sl. foxed; one map w. very sm. tear in inner margin (border). Joints splitting but strong.
= Bierens de Haan 4954; Van den Brink p.269. The fine maps: "Kaart van den Loop der Rivieren de Rhyn, de Maas, de Waal, de Merwe, en de Lek, door de Provincien van Gelderland, Holland en Utrecht", "Kaart van de beneeden rivier de Maas en de Merwede, van de Noord Zee tot Gorinchem" (after M. Bolstra) and "Kaart van het Pannerdensche en Spyksche district".
- Library stamps on first free endpaper and title-p. Spine chafed.
= Contains plates of i.a. the railway bridge of Maastricht and a plan for a telegraph connection between Batavia and Singapore.
- Lacks issue 10; 4 issues w. dam. wrappers; one issue contents badly dam.
= Rare popular science periodical.
- Partly foxed; a few lvs. loosening. Spine-ends dam.; worn along extremities (top of spine of vol. 3 worse).
Rees, A.W. Creatures of the Night. A Book of Wild Life in Western Britain, London, J. Murray, 1905, XX,448p., frontisp. and 7 plates, orig. giltlettered cl, t.e.g.
- Library ticket on upper paste-down; trifle foxed, otherwise contents fine. Lower joint sl. dam; trifle worn along extremities.
Jones, T.R. The Natural History of Birds: a Popular Introduction to Ornithology, London, F. Warne and Co, 1872, XX,452p., woodengr. frontisp., 220 ills., orig. hmor.
- Clipping w. owner's entry tipped in on first free end paper; upperhinge weak; sl. soiled. Binding trifle rubbed along extremities.= With prize mounted on upper pastedown.
AND 7 others, all sl. soiled, i.a. W.J. BRODERIP, Zoological Recreations (London, 1857, col. lithogr. frontisp., num. woodengr. ills., orig. giltlettered cl., a.e.g.); E.P. WRIGHT, Cassell's Concise Natural History (London etc., 1887, woodengr. frontisp., num. (full-p.) ills., contemp. hmor); C.M. REID, The Cliff-Climber or the Lone Home in the Himalayas (New York, 1889, woodengr. frontisp., num. ills., orig. cl.) and R. MORGAN, Llyfr adar (adar cymry) - Bird Book (Welsh Birds) (n.pl, 1907, woodengr. titlep., col. full-p. plates, orig. cl.).
- Lacks first free endpaper; one plate loosening; title sl. foxed; upper hinge weakening. Corners sl. bumped. Fine copy.
= Nissen, ZBI 437. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCII.