771 - 1153 CHILDREN'S BOOKS, incl. COMICS, DRAWINGS, GAMES AND TOYS
- A few sm. light stains in image.
= The parts are to be cut out and pasted to one another in order to form a military procession.
Carabiniers. Handcol. lithogr. cut-out sheet w. 10 figures, 42x32 cm., "18" in upper left corner, Metz, Dembours et Gangel, ±1850.
- Horizontal middle fold. = Shows nine military men and a woman carrying food and drinks.
- Lacks the worldmap puzzle. Otherwise contents fine. Box worn along extremities and hinges occas. strengthened w. sellotape on the inside.
= The maps of the Americas, Asia and Europe all by J. Forest and published by Girard, Barrère & Thomas (Paris) (3x)/ Maison Forest (Paris) (North America); the map of Oceania, "Océanie", anonymous and earlier than the other four.
- Apart from a few foxed spots, contents fine. Box and lid sl. dam. on sides/ corners and strengthened w. tape. Illustration on lid browned.
= Very rare geographical card-game, not traced in the usual reference works. The 24 maps present together form an atlas of the world w. maps of the 2 hemispheres, the continents, and the major countries. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XIX.
- Lacks one die and the "Spielgeld" called for in the rules; plate on box sl. wrinkled and stained.
- Both goals w. one bent/ cracked base; lid of box sl. dam. at one corner.
AND 14 other Dutch games, mostly pre-WWII, i.a. VADERTJE LANGOOR. VROOLIJK RINGWERPEN (donkey lacking one hand), HET LADDERSPEL "OP EN AF" (one piece replaced and one piece upper half lacking), PRENTEN-LOTTO (fine) and HAAST JE LANGZAAM. Een oer-gezellig dobbelspel (...) (pieces not counted).
- Sl. foxed; a few sm. (closed) tears in blank margin.
= Rarely found unused sheet. Papertoys p.364; Lust en Leering p.413. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XX.
- Box trifle soiled; otherwise fine.
- Two blocks dam. on one side; some minor scribbling on blocks and models. Corners of lid split.
= Comprises: Nederland, Groningen, Friesland, Drenthe, Overijssel and Gelderland. Rare.
(Block puzzle). N.pl., n.publ., n.d. (±1920), 12 wooden cubes (sides 4,3 cm.), all with mounted parts of chromolithogr. plates showing (wild) animals, in orig. wooden/ board box, hinging lid w. mounted col. lithogr. model of the tiger (17x20,5x6 cm.).
- Probably lacks the other 5 models; some blocks w. sm. defects. Box worn.
= Showing a tiger, a wolf, an elephant, a fox, a lion and a bear.
AND 2 others, i.a. a col. lithogr. jigsaw puzzle showing a farmer's family by W.C. OFFTERDINGER (late 19th cent. Four sm. portions of pieces lacking; lid of box dam. at sides).
- Box dam. Jigsaw fine.
= Attractive image of soldiers drinking Bovril and Kudos Cocoa ("As Supplied to the "Nansen" Polar Expedition") in front of "The Bovril Inn".
- Most horses and riders legs dam.; seated figures w. small defects.
- Title unread. Covers nibbled by silverfish.
= Japanese instruction book for making paper cuttings, paper dolls and all kinds of paper objects (i.a. flowers and garlands).
- Lacks the rules; cards sl. (finger)soiled.
= Curious and rare cardgame showing people wearing historical Dutch costumes from the 16th century up to the 19th century. Papertoys, p. 297. The figure cards show red, yellow and blue ladies or gentlemen. The text cards all are small rhymes with the words "cognac" and "zout", so-called 'recipes, i.a.: "Zijt gij des Winters nat en koud, Gebruik maar wat Cognac met Zout." Each player receives four cards and has to make a winning combination (e.g. 3 red ladies and a 'recipe') to win a prize which is deposited at the beginning of each round. According to the rules, cards can be discarded and changed before played.
- Lacks the 10 of Hearts. = Rare. Not in Keller. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XX.
- One puzzle lacks 2 pieces; mounted example sheet sl. scratched and waterst.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XIX.
= Rare. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXI.
- Lacks the six example sheets. Box worn/ dam. along extremities, two sides of lid w. lacking portion, one of those lids loose.
= Rare. Puzzles of the Western and Eastern Hemispheres, Europe and Germany (the last two both 'physikalisch' and 'politisch').
- The background sheet sl. yellowed and w. a few sm. closed tears in left blank margin.
= Nice unused paper theatre set, the background and the four side-pieces to be mounted on board and inserted w. a bottom tab to a base. Whitton, Paper Toys of the World p.145-146 and col. ills. 25 and 26 (diff. scene from the same series).
AND 1 other similar but publ. Metz, P. Didion: Grand Théatre. Accessoires pour féeries (stencil-col. lithogr. w. gold, ±1880).
- Joints splitting at spine-ends.
- Wr. frayed and creased and repaired w. sellotape on fold; otherwise unused, w. the construction plates uncut.
= Rare complete set of plates.