1647 - 1701 INDONESIA. BOOKS, PAINTINGS AND DRAWINGS, PHOTOGRAPHS, PRINTS
= Probably belonged to a Dutch family who lived in Dutch East-Indies. It shows the ship "Patria" probably stopping along the way. Nice collection, i.a. Indonesian women making batiks, marketplaces and a dock with a building "Rotterdamsche Lloyd" w. marines awaiting the arrival of a ship. Visits from family or friends are documented, as stated on the letterpress indexes mounted on the upper pastedowns. Also contains photographs of i.a. the Netherlands, Salzburg and Crete.
= Interesting, personal photo albums compiled by Jan de Bondt, a Dutch soldier, during his three year stay in Indonesia. He sailed to Indonesia with his regiment, nicknamed "de Krokodillen", on November 8th 1945 and they arrived in Batavia on April 3rd 1946. They mainly stayed in the Bandoeng area. During the first police action, the batallion marched to Cheribon and occupied Poerwokerto on July 31st 1947.
- Fine copy. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXI.
- Calendar section of all leaves cut off; all leaves but one torn loose from suspension cord; first leaf sl. yellowed in right margin; one leaf yellowed in top blank margin.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXI.
- Upper margin sl. age-toned and w. a few sm. closed tears; very sm. stain in image. Not examined outside frame.
= Feith 35; cf. Landwehr, VOC 469. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXII.
- Fine copy. = Feith 78c.
- Yellowed/ sl. foxed in (mainly blank) margins; a few specks in image and captions.
= Feith 78c.
- Yellowed; trifle foxed. = Sixt v. Kapff K 316; not in Feith. Rare. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXII.
- Both yellowed and trifle foxed.
- Mostly frayed in margins (partly also strengthened on verso); 1 print sl. foxed and 1 print dam., formerly rolled.
- Occas. sl. foxed (plates mostly unaffected); bookblock broken, a few leaves loose. Covers duststained along margins.
= Landwehr, Dutch Books w. Col. Plates 302; Bastin/ Brommer 539; cf. Rouffaer/ Muller p.11 (1st ed., 1855). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXIII.
- Tiny waterst. in upper right corner lvs.; a few yellowed spots. Backcover trifle rubbed; spine sl. worn.
- Without parts III, 1.2 and IV; all vols. bookplate on upper pastedown; occas. sl. foxed; part III, 1,1 one leaf loose. Bindings trifle rubbed.
= Rouffaer/ Muller p.19; Tiele 755; Wellan/ Helfrich D246; Bastin/ Brommer n.699-701. Comprises: part I, 1-2. Reizen (2 vols., 1 loosely inserted col. lithogr. map and 23 steel-/ woodengr./ tinted lithogr. plates); part II. Aardrijkskundige beschrijving (1 steelengr. frontisp.); part III, 1.1 and III, 2. Volksbeschrijving en taal (2 vols., 1 steelengr. frontisp., 2 fold. genealogical tables, 1 fold. lithogr. plate).
- Tickets and stamps on upper endpaper; one fold. map frayed; the other strengthened/ repaired on folds; occas. sl. foxed and waterst.