1060 - 1646 FINE PRINTING (including ILLUSTRATED BOOKS and CARICATURE)
- Frontcover a few very sm. and vague stains and scratched. A fine copy.
= One of 25 copies on Japanese, w. the (folded) orig. prospectus loosely inserted. Published on occasion of the 60th birthday of the author. This copy SIGNED and dated "20 Febr. 1930" [the author's birthday] on prel. blank.
= One of 30 copies on Japanese paper, bound in private giltlettered full blue mor. (backstrip sl. sunned), orig. frontwr. pres., matching slipcase.
= One of 45 Roman numb. copies on "Keizerlijk Japansch Papier", SIGNED by the author. Van Dijk 65.
- A few foxed spots (orig. wr. sl. worse). Spine some tiny rubbed spots.
= Bound in giltlettered full darkblue mor. by LOUIS MALCORPS, w. ribbed spine, gilt board edges and turn-ins w. triple gilt fillet line, t.e.g., orig. wr. pres., matching slipcase.
Idem. Tafereelen uit Platoons Leven. N.pl., n.publ., n.d. (Delft, J. Waltman Jr., 1908), 37p., obl. 8vo.
- Vertical middle fold throughout; last leaf sl. creased.
= The rare textbooklet for the contributors to the performance on 1 and 3 July 1908 of Spel van Platoon's Leven by the Delftsch Studenten-Corps, privately bound in giltlettered ribbed darkblue hmor., t.e.g., orig. plain green wr. pres., almost certainly by LOUIS MALCORPS (matching the work above).
ADDED: Idem. Spel van Platoon's Leven. Delft, J. Waltman Jr., 1908, 38p., printed in black and red, orig. wr., square sm. 8vo (foxed).
- Two lvs. trifle foxed at blank inner margin; one textleaf w. large fold; bookplate (P.C. Boeken) on verso of frontwr. Spine dam.; front- and backwr. loosening.
= With AUTOGRAPH DEDICATION SIGNED to H. BOEKEN on hitle.
Omar Khayyam. Rubaiyat. Honderd kwatrijnen. Dutch transl. P.C. Boutens. Bussum, C.A.J. van Dishoeck, 1913, 1st ed., (6),100,(3)p., orig. gilt blindst. cl. by C.A. LION CACHET, sm. 8vo, t.e.g.
- Owner's entry of A. Boeken (1913) on first free endpaper. Fine copy. = Printed on Hollandsch paper.
ADDED: Kloos, W. Verzen I-II. Amst., W. Versluys, 1902, 2 vols., 2nd ed./ 1st ed., 263; 288p., contemp. unif. giltlettered vellum.
- Uncut copy. Owner's entry of A. Boeken (1913) on first free endpaper of both vols.; occas. a sm. foxed spots, contents otherwise fine.
- Sl. yellowed; first and last lvs. trifle foxed. Backstrip sunned and sl. rubbed at extremities/ some sm. scratches.
= Trajectum ad Mosam 7. Van Dijk 22. Very fine copy, bound in giltlettered hmor. by PAU GROENENDIJK, orig. wr. pres. and orig. prospectus bound in, slipcase.
Boutens, P.C. Stemmen. Amst., P.N. van Kampen & Zoon, n.d. (1907), 1st ed., (4),188p., frontisp. portr., orig. richly gilt full vellum, t.e.g.
- Endpapers foxed. Binding sl. soiled; backstrip trifle rubbed.
AND 3 others by the same.
- Wrappers yellowed/ partly sl. browned; frontwr. sl. soiled and w. waterst. in upper corner.
- Hinges strengthened w. thin Japanese. Backstrip worn; wrappers partly yellowed/ sl. rubbed.
= Stols, Bibliogr. Boutens p.17.
- Traces of ticket on lower free endpaper. Spine trifle faded. Otherwise a very fine copy.
= Monod 1868. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXXIX.
- Sl. yellowed. Covers sl. waterstained along margins.
= Album published on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of Quina-Laroche, founded in 1848. Quina-Laroche is a "Vinous-Elixer" and it is "the most powerful and valuable of the preparations of cinchona as a strengthening antifebrile restorative. Been employed in cases of weakness and general debility, loss of appetite, change of life, fever nervousness, exhaustion, etc." (Pamphlet).
- Sl. foxed (incl. covers). Backcover partly sl. sunned; corners and spine-ends trifle rubbed.
- Chemise and slipcase vaguely foxed.
= This copy printed on name of "M.B.B. Nieuwkerk" [sic]. Monod 1949.
= One of 3 Roman numbered DELUXE copies on Japanese, with an extra suite of the etchings. This copy unnumbered.
- Bookplate on upper pastedown. Bindings some (very) sm. rubbed spots and vague dampstaining.
= Monod 3563; Carteret p.135.
= This copy signed by the photographer on verso of the first free endpaper and w. an extra inserted copy of the portrait.
- Wrappers a few sm. spots unobtrusively nibbled by silverfish. = With the orig. prospectus.
Idem. Een beroemde naamgenoot. (Leyden), De Ammoniet, 1998, 1st ed., (8)p., ills., printed in black, green and brown in 215 copies, orig. wr. - AND: IDEM, De vervulling gevolgd door De kleine dood (Landgraaf, 1994, orig. wr. Two copies: the first (printed in 300 copies) and second ed.).
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXXIX.
- Fine. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XL.