94 - 692 FINE AND APPLIED ARTS, ART REFERENCE
= Collection of sensual women's portraits.
- Partly sl. foxed; bookplate on first free endpaper. Spine strengthened w. sellotape; covers sl. rubbed along edges.
= Schaubücher 27. Parr/ Badger I, p.130: "In the same year that his Paris was published, Moï Ver - under his real name of Moshé Vorobeichic - produced Ein Ghetto im Osten (...). Once again, he used a variety of New Vision strategies, the most obvious being to take many images from upstairs windows looking on to the narrow streets of Vilnius's old Jewish quarter. (...) He also introduced cinematic cutting and montaging techniques to heighten the interest. He combined elements of imagery, sometimes by double-printing negatives, sometimes by repeating identical or similar pictures, sometimes by pasting different photographs together, often with self-conscious free-form edges". SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XVII.
AND 4 others by the same, all in Hebrew, published 1935-1944.
- Lvs. sl. wrinkled. Wr. soiled. = Rare brochure for cinema owners.
- Portfolio sl. yellowed in upper margin; dustwr. w. sm. tear. Fine copy.
- Contents fine. Portfolio partly split at lower joint; lower joint w. mouldy spots. Lacks the orig. case.
= Kibbey 1466; Goeppert 115. According to Goeppert, "Picasso made some cut-outs of heads and silhouettes of men, women and animals. Villers mounted the cut-outs on different photographs - thirty in all - thus varying their effect and quality". SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XVIII.
- Wrappers sl. creased; backwr. w. vague stamp and a few rubbed spots.
= The very first Russian work on Picasso, published by the futurist group Centrifuge. Rowell/ Wye 148; Markov, Russian Futurism p.272 ("(...) an original, penetrating and fascinating book"). Rare.
ADDED: Tugendhold, J. Khodozhestvennaya Kul'tura Zapada. Sbornik statey (The artistic culture of the West. Collected articles). Moscow/ Leningrad, Gos. Izd., 1928, (2),190,(1)p., ills., orig. wr., 4to.
- Backstrip lacks portions and partly strengthened w. sellotape; wrappers sl. worn/ creased along extremities.
- Sl. yellowed along margins. Boards trifle worn along extremities.
AND 2 others: BRASSAÏ, Les Artistes de ma Vie (Paris, 1982, num. photogr. ills., orig. cl. w. dustwr., 4to) and K. SCHERER, Het Parijs van de vijftiger jaren (Baarn, 1998, 1st ed., num photogr. ills., orig. cl. w. dustwr.).
- Lacks plate 2, 10 and 12. All plates sl. yellowed and w. 2 pinholes in upper blank corners. Portfolio fold. flaps partly dam.; sl. worn along extremities.
= 1. Family at supper (foxed); 3. Harlequin and boy (glue stains in upper left blank corner) 4. Head of a woman (glue stains in upper blank corners); 5. Saltimbanque (glue stains in upper blank corners); 6. Study for Demoiselles d'Avignon; 7. Bathers; 8. Two Nudes; 9. The Basket (glue stains in upper blank corners); 11.Table before window; 13. Minotaure; 14. Weeping Woman; 15. Man with Pipe. Rare. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XVIII.
- Top edge foxed; backcover sm. scratch and board edges a few rubbed spots. A fine copy, professionally rebacked w. matching cloth w. the orig. backstrip laid down.
= The English language edition.
= Vol. 1: Les Années d'avant-garde, Russie-Berlin, 1910-1923; Vol. 2: Paris-Côte d'Azur, 1924-1956, Peintures.
AND 3 others on the same.
= Profusely illustrated (sale) catalogue.
Citroen, K.A. Amsterdamse zilversmeden en hun merken./ Haarlemse zilversmeden en hun merken. Amst./ Haarlem, Noord-hollandsche Uitg.Mij/ J. Enschedé en zonen, 1975-1988, 2 vols., XXIV,254; 239p., ills., orig. not unif. cl. (w. dustwr.). - AND 11 others, all but one on Dutch silver, i.a. J. DE BREE, Zeeuws zilver (Schiedam, 1978, ills., orig. cl. w. dustwr.); N. SCHADEE, Zilverschatten. Drie eeuwen Rotterdams zilver (Rott., 1991, (col.) ills., orig. wr., 4to); E. VOET, Merken van Friese Goud- en zilversmeden (The Hague, 1974, 2nd rev. and enl. ed., num. ills., orig. cl.) and IDEM, Merken van Haagsche goud- en zilversmeden (ibid., 1941, ills., later cl.).
= Profusely illustrated (sale) catalogue.
= Standard work on the subject, with Chinese maker's marks.
Devereux Kernan, J. The Chait Collection of Chinese Export Silver. New York, Ralph M. Chait Galleries, 1985, 269p., num. ills., orig. wr., board slipcase, 4to.
= SIGNED. Standard work on the subject.
Beekhuizen, J.F.H.H. 19e en 20e eeuwse tinnen bouillonpotten. Een verzameling. Amst., the author, 2006, 160p., richly illustr., orig. boards, 4to.
AND 1 other: J. BEEKHUIZEN a.o. (ed.), Van tin gegoten uit tin genoten (Rott., 2004, num. col. ills., orig. wr., 4to).