5372 - 5561 PRINTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS AND PAINTINGS
- Brown stains in upper left and near lower right corner; trifle foxed.
ADDED: Brouwer, C. (?-1681). "Monument voor J.M. von Kropff Command: in de Klundert." Etching and engraving after D. KERKHOFF, 38,5x30,3 cm., 1793.
- Browned/ foxed; waterst. in lower margin.
= "Proefdruk". F.M. 5192 (not listing a proof impression): "Eene eerezuil, waarboven zijne beeltenis in med., waarnaast vier afbeeldingen, nl. van zijne verdediging, het terugvinden en mishandeling van zijn lijk en begrafenis."
= Attributed to but possibly after H.M. Sorghe (c. 1611-1670) on verso.
- Upper right corner repaired; two closed tears near lower edge (±1 and 4 cm.); sl. duststained near upper edge; modern margins.
= Finely executed drawing. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXIII.
- Large whitish stain in centre.; sm. scratches and chafed spots, mostly along edges.
- Lower left corner w. restorations. = In the style of Jan Kobell III (1800-1838).
- Dam. spot in lower left corner; sl. browned.
= Finely executed drawing, probably a fantasy view.
- Six small pieces of tape shining through in outer margins. = Possibly a view in the vicinity of Den Bosch.
AND 2 other drawings, the lvs. probably taken from the same sketchbook, i.a. a pencil drawing of a farmstead surrounded by trees.
- The 2nd drawing w. sm. annot.; in pen and ink in lower margin. Both drawings w. vague glue stain from tipping on shining through.
- Sl. foxed; sm. tear in upper margin; trifle creased. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXIII.
- Verso w. sm. glue stains in outer corner.
= Verso frame with ticket "P.J. Schotel, 1808-1865. Dordrecht".
= Architectural design for a Dutch neo-gothic church.
Idem. (Design for a pulpit, frontal and in profile). Drawing, pen and (washed) ink, 39,8x51,7 cm.
= Perhaps by the same architect.
- Small yellow stain on one of the dogs; a few foxed specks.
= Nice scene showing two hunters resting with their dogs near a village, two horse-drawns carts driving by. Title supplied in (contemp.?) pencil on verso and on mount, together w. a few unread annots. on verso.
- Small foxed spots; 2 thin folds (paper flaw).
- (Sl.) foxed; sm. tear in lower margin.
= Nice, skilfully drawn, with a 'botter' fishing boat on the water.
- Sl. creased; a few sm. foxed spots; partly strengthened along margins on verso.
Kleijn van Willigen, D.C. (2nd half 19th cent.). (Portrait of a lady in classical garments). Drawing, pencil and grey wash, 47x46 cm., signed and "Delft 14 April 1882" in pen and ink.
- Heavily (but evenly) browned.
AND 4 other anonymous (1x signed illegibly) 19th cent. drawings (2x dam.; 1x laid down on board).