2269 - 2437 NATURAL HISTORY, SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, TRANSPORT
- Wrapper sl. yellowed/ foxed in margins.
= Luxurious brochure presenting the Imperial Newport and Imperial Sedan.
Imperial by Chrysler. Ibid., idem, 1953, "CS-300", (12)p., col. ills., orig. giltlettered dec. cream wr., orig. envelope, folio.
- Trifle yellowed; trifle creased/ water(?)wrinkled; backwr. w. a few sm. stains. Envelope corners dam.
= Luxurious brochure presenting the Six passenger Custom Imperial Sedan and Custom Imperial six passenger Town Limousine.
AND 1 other luxurious brochure: IMPERIAL FOR NINETEEN FIFTY-NINE ("CS-423", richly illustrated, orig. giltlettered embossed wr., obl. folio).
- Trifle yellowed/ foxed. = With dealer's annots. in pencil on recto: "f970.-, met leer bekl. f1020.-".
Wat beteekent het koopen van een auto voor U? Ibid., idem, 1929, 32p., 14 full-p. ills. of models, loosely inserted subscription leaf in the back, dec. wr., obl. sm. 8vo (fine). - AND 2 others from the same marque: a folding brochure issued by the same dealer with models for 1939, and a technical Italian folding brochure for "I freni anteriori Fiat tipo "B"" (±1930s).
- Sl. dustsoiled/ foxed in outer margins; dealer's stamp (Palais de l'auto, Douai) in blank margin.
Les Véhicules Ford. Bordeaux, Automobiles Ford, n.d. (±1925), 20p. (incl. wr.), num. ills., orig. wr., obl. sm. 8vo.
- Wrapper sl. soiled in left margin and w. some surface dam. due to silverfish nibbling; two dealer's stamps on frontwr.
= Nice small brochure showing 9 models (incl. chassis) and w. a photogr. ill. showing the 18 km. (return) traverse from Gênets to the Mont St.-Michel, in a Ford tourism vehicle through water as high as 60 cm., and 'driven by a woman'.
AND 3 others: a nice col. flyer issued by dealer Henri Depasse, Paris (±1935), AGRICULTURE - INDUSTRIE - TRANSPORTS (Poissy, ±1947, col. ills., obl. 4to. Presenting trucks) and a French folding brochure presenting MATFORD cars of the Alsace series (Asnières, ±1935, printed in grey-tones and light-blue, folded twice as 8vo).
- Sl. creased in upper outer corner. Wrapper rubbed along extremities; frontwr. w. (bled) dealer's stamp.
= Richly illustrated catalogue presenting the Nash La Fayette Series (4 models), Nash Ambassador Eight (3 models) and Nash Ambassador Six (4 models), and promoting i.a. the "conditioned-air system", the engines' silence, the cars' spaciousness and the controls "designed for a woman's touch".
AND 4 others, all folding brochures illustrated in colour, all ±1935, i.a. presenting the La Fayette.
- Sl. rubbed and partly sl. yellowed/ foxed along folds and w. a few tiny holes at intersections.
- Wrapper rubbed along extremities.
= Nice brochure presenting 5 models each for the Eight and the Six, and w. an extensive "Packard Quality" section.
Packard for 1937. 120-six. Get the "plus" of a Packard in 1937. Ibid., idem, (1936), (32)p., num. (photogr.) ills., printed in grey-tones and red or blue, orig. wr., ringbound along upper margin, obl. 4to.
- Wrapper trifle soiled/ stained.
= With loosely inserted introd. leaf to this nice "Sales Presentation album", directed at the salesmen (w. num. annots. in pencil, translating words into Dutch).
AND 4 others from the same marque, i.a. 2 (folding) Dutch brochures PACKARD 1938 and PACKARD NIEUWE 1939 MODELLEN (the latter w. nice Art Deco frontwr. by BEHLING) and a French folding brochure PACKARD 120 (1937).
- The plates trifle spotted; dealer's stamp (H. Urlus, Hilversum) on verso frontwr. Spine splitting.
= Nice brochure presenting "wagens van een niet te overtreffen Fransche smaak met buitengewone prestaties en "super comfort"", the plates each showing a different model in the Six or Eight cylinder Viva Grand Sport, Nerva Grand Sport or Nervastella series, recto with a large col. ill. on black ground and a monochr. photogr. ill. and technical details on verso.
- The plates rubbed along extremities. Spine repaired w. sellotape; frontwr. loosening.
= Nice brochure, ten plates each presenting a different model in the Six or Eight cylinder Viva or Nerva (incl. Vivastella and Nervastella) series, and w. one general plate, recto with a large col. (1x monochr.) ill. on black ground and a monochr. photogr. ill. and technical details on verso.
Renault. La Vivaquatre 4 cylindres - 2 lit. 100 de cylindrée. Billancourt, Société des Usines Renault, 1933, "V.T. 227.8.33. - C.C.", folding brochure w. num. (large) col. ills., folded as 8vo.
- Trifle rubbed/ soiled. = Presenting 4 models. Nice Art Deco front decoration.
AND 3 other small brochures: LA NOUVELLE JUVAQUATRE RENAULT (...) "LA VOITURE DE LA JEUNESSE" (±1935, "V.T. 327-3710-R". Cut in inner margin throughout), SUR L'ÉCHEQUIER DE L'AUTOMOBILE JOUEZ RENAULT (1930s, "V.T. 446-392". Sl. waterstained) and RENAULT MODELLEN 1948.
- Dated "1901" in ballpoint on title-p. Spine sl. rubbed.
= Nice and very early brochure, with photographic illustrations of the interior of the factory, of a chassis, and a finished automobile, and with 8 line drawing images.
ADDED: 7 miscell. others, i.a. 6 early folding brochures/ leaflets: "LA DOCTORESSE" VOITURE GAILLARDET (1901, w. 2 ills. (Duc Spider and Duc Tonneau)); NOUVEAUX ÉTABLISSEMENTS DES VOITURES HENRIOD (1906, 6 ills. (4 models: Voiture Simplon, Landaulet de Ville, Demi-Limousine de Tourisme and Limousine de Grand Tourisme), nice Art Nouveau wr.); VOITURES LÉGÈRES BUCHET (±1919, 3 ills.) and 3 leaflets for FRANÇON (1923, together 6 ills. Yellowed/ foxed).
- Sl. yellowed; final lvs. w. some offsetting and sl. creased in upper margin; a few foxed spots. Frontcover sl. soiled and corners sl. creased; backcover w. some offsetting; top of spine sl. worn.
= Early and nicely illustrated catalogue for practical electrical devices and accessories, i.a. automotive batteries, headlights, dashbord claxons, speedometers and pumps; motorcycle clothing, goggles and duo-saddles; and tools like wrenches.
- Title-p. sl. yellowed/ spotted. Wrapper sl. rubbed and marginally sl. soiled/ stained.
= Brochure showing the S4D Salmson "sur les routes de France" (frontwr.), with very nice ills., each showing a S4D model in a different colour (faux-cabriolet, roadster-cabriolet (with/ without roof) and conduite intérieure) against a monochrome image of part of a map of France. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXIX.
AND 11 miscell. (folding) car brochures/ leaflets, French/ Dutch/ German/ Engl. text, i.a. BERLIET Voitures de tourisme, véhicules industriels (...) Essence - Route, Rail - Huile lourde (1930s, folding, col. ills.); TALBOT. La voiture de Luxe et de Sport française (1954, folding, 2 ills.); HUPMOBILE 6. The Six of the Century (±1938, (tinted) ills., Dutch text, orig. wr., sq. sm. 4to); OAKLAND. Der neue Oakland mit dem Harmonischen Stoßausgleicher (±1930, folding, 4 large ills.); ROSENGART SUPER 5 ((1946), ills., orig. (worn) wr., obl. sm. 8vo) and STANDARD MOTOR OIL RATGEBER für das Markenoel von internationalem Ruf (±1930, col. ills., orig. wr., sm. 8vo).
- Staples rusted away and contents loose; waterstained and mouldy in inner margin throughout, incl. wrapper (left margin frontwr. most affected and w. dam. lower corner, and backwr. dam. upper corner).
= E-M-F Company was gradually taken over by Studebaker in the course of the years 1910-1913. This booklet promotes the 1912 "30" series.
From the Speedway comes the Stamina. From the Skyway comes their Style. Studebakers of 1934. N.pl., n.publ. (Detroit, Studebaker), (1933), (24)p., num. (double-p.) (col.) ills., orig. pict. wr., sq. 4to.
- Contents fine. Wrapper w. contemp. dealer's ticket and later archive ticket; front- and backwr. w. "Return to blackboard room" stamp(s).
= Presenting 3 chassis series (Commander, Dictator and President), with 4 models each, illustrated by 12 small, 4 full-p. (incl. one of an engine) and one double-page col. ill. (the latter of the Regal Sedan for five passengers).
AND 2 others: BEKNOPTE BESCHRIJVING DER "FLANDERS" EN "E.M.F."-AUTOMOBIELEN (Amst., 1911, folding brochure printed in black and red and w. 2 ills., folded as 8vo. Small tear) and STUDEBAKER CHAMPION. DE ECONOMISCHE, LAAGGEPRIJSDE WAGEN VAN "STANDING" (The Hague, 1933, "F 637 75 3 39", folding brochure w. col. ills., 4to).
- A few leaves sl. frayed; occas. duststained/ sl. soiled; annots. in pen and pencil on upper endpaper. Covers sl. rubbed.
= Poggendorff II, 1021; Bierens de Haan 4663.
- Occas. sl. yellowed. Spines creased; spine-ends worn/ dam.
= Typical 18th century handbook/ encyclopedia for the "complete landlord", covering all aspects involved in managing a mansion during the Ancien Regime. Deals i.a. with the breeding of all kinds of animals (for instance of bees, pigeons, silkworms); agriculture, viniculture etc.; handicrafts, gardening, banking etc. etc. But also on secrets to how to become old, the making of artificial stones, oil- and waterpainting. A rich source of contemporary knowledge.
- Without the 1st vol. (also containing 19 plates); one plate (ink?)stained in right margin; engr. bookplate on upper pastedown. One letterpiece partly lacking; joints spitting at spine-ends.
= Important work by one of the major Swiss clockmakers. Houzeau/ Lancaster 10199; Bromley 72 (2nd ed., 1786). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXIX.
- Plates occas. trifle/ sl. foxed, mainly in blank margins; textlvs. yellowed. Bindings sl. rubbed along extremities.
= Fine plates showing a varied range of animal and tree species and geological phenomena, from the well-known to the remarkable and exotic. Nissen, ZBI 1040. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XC.
- A few leaves trifle foxed; owner's stamp on first blank. Small strip of cl. at top of spine almost loose.
= Freeman 407.
Idem. The Descent of Man, and Selection in Relation to Sex. Ibid., idem, 1882, 2nd rev. and enl. ed., 15th thous., XVI,693,(1)p., woodengr. ills., orig. gilt and blindst. cl.
- Occas. sl. foxed; annots. in ballpoint on p.44-50; owner's stamp on first blank. = Freeman 955.
- Endpapers and backcover trifle foxed, otherwise very fine. = Freeman 438.
Idem. The Descent of Man, and Selection in Relation to Sex. Ibid., idem, 1890, 2nd rev. and augmented ed., 27th thous., XVI,693,(1),329 (publisher's cat.)p., 78 woodengr. ills., orig. gilt and blindst. green cl.
- Halftitle and first free endpaper loosening. = Freeman 970.
- One preliminary leaf loose. Binding sl. rubbed along extremities. Good/ fine copy.
= The rare English edition. Jones, Bibl. of the Dog 2641.
- Two lvs. loosening; trifle/ sl. foxed; first free endpapers w. folds; vol. 1 review section bound in at the beginning instead of at the end. Bindings trifle rubbed; outer corner frontcover vol. II bumped/ sl. frayed.