5042 - 5199 PRINTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS AND PAINTINGS
- Vague folds and a few tiny holes.
Stolk, R. (1906-1945). (Female nude). Watercolor, 9x14 cm., signed ''Reyer Stolk" in ink.
- Sl. foxed.
AND 2 others, i.a. a sketchbook ("Parijs 1963" on recto).
- Sl. foxed; doubled. Pencil sketch on verso.
= Very nice drawing. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXI.
- With sm. hole in upper right corner; closed tear in upper edge (±2,5 cm.); doubled; formerly tipped-on mount, w. paper remnants in corners on verso; vague vertical central fold.
= With the collector's mark of Comte Rey de Vilette (Lugt 2200a) on verso. Also with a manuscript attribution to Giorgio Vasari by the collector X.M.C. von Schönberg-Rothschönberg. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXII.
WITH: a traced copy, also on bistre washed paper (also with the collector's mark of Comte Rey de Vilette).
- A few restored spots, mainly in corners; sl. soiled in margins. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXII.
- A few restored spots, mainly in corners; one small grey spot. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXIII.
- Dam. spots and holes due to acid biting; browned; not examined outside frame, due to brittleness.
- Tipped onto mount. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXI.
= Nice drawing taken from a sketchbook (binding holes in left margin), on 17th cent. paper, without waterrnark. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXIII.
- Waterstain in upper right corner; taken from a former mount w. paper remnants on verso; paper w. thin spots.
= Nice panoramic view with Egmond behind the dunes to the left and the beach on the right. Vague annotation/ signature in the lower left corner. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXIV.
- Small annot. in pen on verso; sl. yellowed.
= Attribution to E. VAN DE VELDE (1587-1630) on accompanying mount. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXIV.
- Corners impaired on verso.
= Attribution to S. DELLA BELLA (1610-1664) on accompanying mount. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXV.
- Paper faded; sm. waterst. in lower margin; trifle soiled.
- A few vague holes, caused by silverfish; central vertical fold; probably washed.
= Attractive drawing with later vague attribution to Simon de Vlieger on verso. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXIV.
- Several (worm)holes.
- Upper corners sl. cut off; dustsoiled; a few brown stains; w. an unidentified collector's mark on verso.
= Atribution to N. MAES (1634-1693) on accompanying mount.
- Soiled and w. several old folds; a few sm. stains; sl. dam. in lower margin (strengthened).
= On paper with unidentified crowned circular watermark w. small fleur de lys below.
- Foxed. = On paper with unidentified watermark (2 keys?). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXV.
- On paper w. unidentified watermark ("GG"?). Four small marginal tears closed w. yellow tape; a few small marginal chips; small portion of upper left corner reattached w. piece of paper; old middle fold; vaguely foxed; verso w. strips of Japanese paper along margins.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXV.
- Sl. browned/ waterst. and some other imperfections.
= With attrib. on mount in brown pen and ink to Alessandro Gherardini (1655-1723).
- Sl. soiled and a few sm. stains. Attached to mount under passepartout w. (sello)tape; on verso part of a sketch of a building in black chalk.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXVI.