4946 - 5041 PRINTS - VARIA, HOLY PICTURES, PICTURE POSTCARDS, POSTERS etc.
- Incl. a few dam./ repaired postcards.
= Nice collection, containing views in i.a. Beverwijk, Laren, Amsterdam, Haarlem, Bloemendaal, Alkmaar, Bussum, Marken, Hilversum, Zandvoort, Rotterdam, The Hague, Leyden, Delft, Dordrecht, Schiedam and Scheveningen.
= Nice collection including (col. lithogr.) picture postcards of i.a. Scheveningen (dated 1898), Nijmegen (dated 1899), Haarlem (dated 1900), Amsterdam (mainly architecture w. a few dated 1903/ 1904/ 1905), The Hague, Utrecht, Alkmaar. Also scenes from WWI (one w. a partially inflated balloon), Middelburg (a few w. people in 17th century costume celebrating the liberation of Middelburg) and a series "De Oorlog in Silhouet" by Jan Wiegman.
= Each w. stamp on verso of W. MEISSNER and clipping w. a description of the depicted scene/ view.
= Nice collection including picture postcards w. people in traditional Dutch costume (two postcards dated 1903), ships (w. one of "Zierikzee" dated 1904), architecture in Holland, landscapes (one chromolithogr. picture postcard dated 1908), flora and fauna, windmills (i.a. by H. Berssenbrugge), famous actors, actresses, muscians etc., children's picture postcards of i.a. Mecky, wishing cards (one depicting small children dated 1904), silhouettes and ±80 (early) photographs (of i.a. Tokyo and Rotterdam in the 1940's).
- Sl. yellowed; some vague wrinkles; horizontal and vertical middle fold.
- A fine copy with a few vague handling creases and foxed specks in blank margins.
= There are also copies with "M. Wijnen Sigarenfabrikant Valkenswaard" in the image; this one without. Cigar factory "Slotzanger" in Valkenswaard was owned by M. Wijnen.
- Previously folded; 1 sm. tear in upper margin; imperfection in lower left corner.
= Rare. Not in De Roos.
- Rolled; trifle frayed and trifle foxed along blank margins.
= Nice Dutch poster showing a strong and healthy young man with his bicycle and a bottle of Coca-Cola in his hand.
- Corners soiled/ repaired.
- A few waterst. and (repaired) tears/ folds in margins.
- Rolled; sl. frayed.
AND 2 others on 3 leaves, all rolled, i.a. ANONYMOUS, "Nederlanders! Weest Nederlandsch. 1941 is het jaar van Nationaal Front. Leider: Arnold Meijer" (82x117 cm., Amst., Luii & Co., 1941. Sl. frayed, sl. creased and a few thin spots in top margin).
- Folded; frayed; dam. spots; a few holes; paper sl. brittle.
= Very rare poster. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXX.
- Folded; some small defects.
AND 5 other miscellaneous posters.
- Two repaired tears in lower margin.
- Tiny tear in upper margin; folds as issued.
= Designed and printed in 1966 after Bob Dylan's heavy car crash, to generate positive publicity for his forthcoming album, Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits. Significant detail is the word Elvis, spelled out in Dylans hair.
- Laid down on board. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXX.
- Rolled; sl. foxed in top margin. Otherwise fine. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXX.
- Dam. in upper left corner (lacks triangular portion of 6x7x8,5 cm.); folded once; rolled; margins frayed.