595 - 1030 CHILDREN'S BOOKS, incl. COMICS, DRAWINGS, GAMES AND TOYS
- A few flags dam. Box and lid trifle worn. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXI.
- Without the separately printed rules of the game. Folded twice, w. a few closed tears and tiny holes; yellowed; sm. ticket in lower right blank corner.
= Papertoys p.152; F.M. 6070. Running from "Aankomst der Batavieren" to "Algemeene Vrede" (1815).
- Folded. Fine.
= The "stoombootspel" is a kind of "ganzebord" or goose game. Paper Toys p.273 and Van Veen sale III, 288. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXII.
AND 1 other: Arlequin en zijn vrouw (contemp. handcol. woodcut table game, n.pl., n.d. (±1840). Soiled, some dam. and laid down).
- The map (= track) only, without rules of the game, tokens, and box. The map in fine condition, trifle foxed and trifle creased.
= Interesting World War I game, showing the dangers and difficulties of the time connected to travelling from Brussels to The Hague. "Het doel van elken koerier is, eene reis te maken van de verschillende gezantschappen te Brussel naar het Ministerie van Buitenlandsche Zaken in Den Haag en terug, volgens het op de kaart aangegeven traject. Natuurlijk gaat de reis met hindernissen gepaard" (from the rules of the game, to be found on the internet).
- Some tears in margins (1x in image); creased and folded; sl. stained. = Paper Toys p.94. Rare edition.
AND a partly handcol. lithogr. spiral track, with in centre "Het [...?] van Insulinde" (folded, creased, frayed and sl. dam. Not traced; a table game with election theme).
- Folded; sl. browned and sl. dam. on crossings of folds.
= This edition not traced in Paper Toys, De Meyer and KVCS. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXII.
- Fine unused specimen; tear in letterpress leaf.
= Very nice military game, in which a fort has to be bombarded with a large cannon. With a spring mechanism the whole fort can be blown up with one shot. The box is part of the fort. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXIII.
= KVCS Mindermann 67 (p.789) and Papertoys p. 260-261.
ADDED: (Twelve scenes). Stencil col. engr. catchpenny print, published by G.N. Renner & Schuster, Nürnberg, ±1835.
- Horizontal fold; sl. foxed.
= Scenes showing i.a. children playing, bear chasing seals, boy stung by bees, farmer harvesting.
- The pieces sl. yellowed, otherwise fine; title-piece w. 3 ident. owner's stamps; box w. two traces of sellotape on sides.
AND 3 other topographical games, all complete: "NEDERLAND OVERZICHTSKAART" (Ned: Fab: K Puzzle jigsaw puzzle) (n.pl., n.d. (±1900), col. lithogr. interlocking board pieces, orig. board box w. publ. ticket); PROVINCIEPUZZLE NOORDBRABANT (n.pl., n.d. (±1960), col. board pieces, orig. board box w. col. pict. lid. From the series "Spelenderwijs aardrijkskunde leren") and PROVINCIE KWARTET (The Hague, n.d. (±1950), 12x 4 col. cards, expl. booklet, orig. limp board sleeve).
- Interior trifle worn; cords broken; lacking ball. Exterior of box sl. worn.
= Goal is to score points by launching balls in baskets/ circles.
- Corners of the lid of the box are worn/ dam.; title-piece sl. chafed.
- Lid lacks two sides and one side loosening. Contents fine. = Papertoys p.323.
= Papertoys p.372. Complete set. The cut-out plates should be held in front of a candle or a lamp, thus creating an amusing image on a white paper. Images incl. i.a. Homer, Nostradamus and Voltaire.
AND 12 similar loose plates w. cut-out images (without list of contents and wr.), i.a. of a "Spanjaard", "Goliath", "Bosch-God", "Biddend Meisje" and "Portret naar Rembrandt".
- Horizontal and vertical middle fold; otherwise fine
= Papertoys p.154/ Nice and rare table game celebrating the life of the Dutch admiral Michiel de Ruijter.
AND 7 other miscell. tablegames (incl. 2 duplicates), i.a. "Het nieuwe koerierspel" by W.H. KOPPENOL CZN., ±1915 (sl. yellowed and creased).
= No. 343, 403a, 406, 412, 412a, 416, 417-419, 423, 428, 434, 438a, 442, 450, 454, 466-469, 471, 474, 478, 479, 482, 483, 486, 493, 494, 503, 504, 507, 510, 523, 543, 551, 568, 569, 578, 588, 601, 651-656, 658, 659, 662-665, 668, 671-673, 675. Showing mostly side scenes, background and props, but also a few figures.
- Without the textbooklet w. rules.
= Rare. Van Veen III, 276 (without caption); Papertoys p.157. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXIV.
- Without the separately printed rules of the game. (Formerly) folded; two vague waterstains in image, 1x w. two sm. holes; a few sm. marginal tears, 1x affecting image; outer blank margins sl. dustsoiled (verso sl. worse).
= Papertoys p.146, w. illustration. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXIII.
- Without the separately printed rules of the game. Doubled and outer blank margins strengthened; soiled and sl. stained.
= Papertoys p.146 (the most extensive version of this game, earlier games did not go further than the year 1738, this edition ends with a portrait of Willem V, who had become stadtholder in 1766). Rare.
- Yellowed (strip of ±15 cm. at the left side sl. browned); some small imperfections in margins; formerly rolled.
= Rare. Papertoys p.267.
Tramway Spel. Amst., J. Vlieger, (±1885), lithogr. spiral track, printed in black, red and blue, letterpress rules in upper corners, 43x57 cm.
= Papertoys p.266.
- Board split on central fold; sl. soiled in borders; corners worn. = Papertoys p.267.