595 - 1030 CHILDREN'S BOOKS, incl. COMICS, DRAWINGS, GAMES AND TOYS
- Some foxing; sm. waterstain on title; tiny tear in blank fore-edge margin throughout. Wr. sl. soiled; 2 sm. repaired tears in backwr.
= Papertoys p.374. Nice and rare shadow-show book, plates of i.a. De kameel, Het opzittend hondje, De bulhond, De vrees and De hazenwindhond.
- The cards trifle soiled and w. a few scattered sm. stains; paper over board rubbed/ partly worn along extremities.
= Nice lotto game covering 90 events and milestones in the history The Netherlands, from "omtrent 100 v. Chr." when "De Batavieren, Friezen enz. zetten zich in ons land neder" and "54 v. Chr." when "Julius Cesar sluit een Bondgenootschap met de Batavieren", to 1840, "Aanvang met de droogmaking van het Haarlemmermeer, die in 1853 voltooid is" and 1861, with the "Geduchte overstrooming in Gelderland, Z.Holland, N.Brabant en Limburg". Not in Papertoys.
- Envelope sl. worn. Otherwise fine.
= Nice 'ezeltje-prik' game. The closer the tail is pinned (blindfolded) to the donkey's ass, the more points one gets.
- Lacks one card (Asia no. 1), and without a rules of the game leaf; 1 card torn in two (South America no. 5; repaired w. sello(?)tape); a few cards w. sm. portion of upper corner torn off and lacking; otherwise some sm. scattered, mainly marginal imperfections and very vague foxing; the boards trifle/ very vaguely foxed; the elastic straps for holding the boards in place are floppy. Box rubbed/ sl. worn along extremities; one side loosening.
= Very nice game, the question cards on recto bearing short line of information on some subject relating to a place on a continent, and on verso two questions on the topic. The question card numbers correspond to numbered compartments on the maps (20 on each). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XVII.
- Perhaps a later impression.
= Rare lotto game in mint condition. The rules of the game are found surrounding the central image. "Dames blanches" comes from "Entreprise générale des Dames Blanches", one of the two omnibus lines established in Paris in 1828. In 1937, fashion house Hermès used the imagery of this game for a scarf. Verso w. the collector's stamp "Sig. Carl Vogel Hamburg" of the German art collector Carl Vogel (1923-2006) (not in Lugt). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XIV.
- Box sl. worn; otherwise fine.
- Games occas. trifle worn. Corners box sl. dam. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XIX.
= Papertoys p.132f; Atlas van Stolk 5807 (without slipcase and rules). Rare. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XVI.
- Lacks the plate of 'Harlekien'. Textleaf repaired w. tape on verso of folds; slipcase soiled.
= Papertoys p.132f; Atlas van Stolk 5807 (without slipcase and rules). Rare.
- Folds in board sl. weak. Edges box and lid trifle worn. = Papertoys, p.155-256.
- Cards and box duststained (box also stained and sl. worn along extremities); pouch ruststained; without counters.
= Papertoys p.305.
- Plates in fine condition; one plate w. sm. portion of blank corner torn off; box worn/ dam. along joints (splitting), one half of side lacking; title-plate a bit of surface dam. in upper left corner.
= "De Romeinsche tijd", "De Middeleeuwen", "De Tachtigjarige oorlog 1568-1648", "1648-1795", "1795-1813" and "1830-1910". "Toelichting voor de Verzamelaars onzer 6 Geschiedkundige Legplaten (...). In al onze verpakte artikelen bevindt zich één stukje van één der geschiedkundige legplaten" (text inside lid). The pieces could be swapped by sending duplicates to the firm, specifying which numbers were desired in return. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XVIII.
AND 2 vols. of C. VAN SON, Plaatjes-Album Vaderlandsche Historie (Breda, (1927)/ n.d., both complete w. 80 mounted plates, orig. unif. (worn/ dam.) wr., 4to).
- Yellowed, but fine.
= I.a. The Chinese Tower, Feudal Castle, Chinese Ship, Russian Swing, Tramway, Statue of the Liberty, Arabic School, Eiffel Tower and Swiss-Cottage.
AND a large construction plate "Damstad 1950. 5 eeuwen Kalverstraat". - ADDED: ±70 miscell. catchpenny prints (incl. duplicates), late 19th/ early 20th cent., partly (hand) col., mainly German, i.a. publ. by D. Noothoven van Goor (Leyden), C. Burckardt's Nachf. (Weissenburg), P. Didion (Metz) and F.C. Wentzel (Weissenburg).
- Lacking playing board; possibly lacking sm. objects. Box strenghtened w. tape.
= Incl. many sm. objects: 'Bilderbuch', doll, earrings, necklace, coins, small clock, gold bar etc. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XIX.
- Fine. = Cf. Papertoys, p.129.
- Most cards rubbed (a few worn); one card cracked.
= Lottery game with cards showing mostly animals, a dragon ("Lindwurm"), a unicorn, a mermaid and a few types ("Jude", "Herr", "Ritter", "Bauer", "Schäfer", "Jäger" and "Schnitterin"). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XX.
- Without the rules of the game. Very fine.
= Papertoys p.122 (with less cards). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XX.
- Lacking 1 orig. board (replaced by modern copy); boards and chips trifle soiled. Box sl. worn.
- Lacks rules; playing field in need of some cleaning; one dam. spot on top of mountain; one figure lacks head.
= Very rare 3-dimensional mountaineering track game, probably in the style of the Game of Goose. On one side of the playing field a sm. ticket "Gebrauchsmuster(?) No.4566". Perhaps a prototype. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXI.
- Lacks 2 cards; a few cards sl. dam. (partly repaired) and worn; all cards sl. duststained. Slipcase creased, sl. worn along extremities and sl. duststained.
= Papertoys p.297f. Rare. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XX.