5613 - 5827 PRINTS - FOREIGN TOPOGRAPHY. MAPS, PLANS, VIEWS
- Yellowed/ vaguely foxed; one dark brown speck. = Van der Krogt/ Koeman I, 1:203 (no.3).
- Trifle foxed/ soiled; trifle creased; two closed tears in blank margins, 1x affecting border.
= The second revised/ reworked and enlarged edition, i.a. with nice cartouche showing an elephant.
- Sm. closed tears at both ends of middle fold; trifle foxed/ stained; trimmed just within lower end of left and lower borderline; sl. stained in upper left corner.
- Yellowed/ sl. browned; waterstain in lower right corner of image; sm. hole in centre (closed and w. ms. addition); green discoloured.
= Van der Krogt/ Koeman II, 8400:2, 3rd and final state (w. the cartouches filled w. letterpress text).
- Fine. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXVII.
- Unobtrusive vertical printer's flaw; sl. yellowed/ waterstained in outer blank margins.
= The inset maps "Carte de Royaume de Couchin de Coilan et de Cranganor", "Carte de Nigombo, Colombo" and "Carte de Princepaute de Soerabaye et Terre de Grissik".
- Trifle foxed; upper blank margin w. some sm. tears.
= Shows present-day Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan and northern India.
- All three folds strengthened or w. (sm.) (closed) tears; trifle/ sl. yellowed and w. some vague offsetting.
= Impressive map w. fine cartouche bearing both the dedication and the title.
- Trifle foxed; w. tiny burn hole.
= Very decorative chart. Koeman IV, p.393, 96*, 2nd state of 2 (i.a. the date 1681 removed and w. the inset at lower right added).
- (Sl.) yellowed; tears along middle fold neatly closed. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXLII.
- Trifle browned.
- Sl. creased and w. closed tear along middle fold; some tears along green borders due to acidity of green ink.
AND a large 19th cent. lithogr. map "Théatre de la Guerre dans la Flandre et le Brabant de 1703 à 1712".
- Trifle yellowed and two small tears in lower blank margin.
AND 4 others of parts of Belgium, all from N. DE FER, Les Frontières de France et des Pais Bas (±1745), i.a. "Les environs de Philippeville, Charlemont, (...)" and "Les environs de Brusselles, de Tirlemont (...)".
- Sm. closed tear in right margin, sl. affecting image, and in lower blank end of middle fold; sl. waterstained in right margin, sl. affecting image; some foxed specks along middle fold.
= Decorative map, nicely coloured.
"Provincie Meridionali de Paesi Bassi, intese sotto nome di Fiandra overo li Paesi Bassi Cattolici". Engr. map by N. SANSON, engr. by G. WIDMAN, w. contemp. handcol. borders and cartouche, 37x51,5 cm., Rome, G.G. Rossi, 1672 (fine).
- Sl. yellowed; waterst. in margins; a few sm. tears.
"Iprensis Episcopatus". Engr. map w. cartouche, 41x50 cm., (Amst., J. Blaeu), ±1650.
- Sl. yellowed/ fingersoiled; frayed; large tear closed on verso w. sellotape.
AND 6 others, all w. defects.
- Both maps w. contemp./ old underlining of town names and of parts of text on verso (sl. shining through on the second map).
= Van der Krogt/ Koeman II, 3320: 2A and 3340:2.1.
- On paper w. watermark of a star within a lozenge within a circle. Vaguely waterstained in upper blank margin, sl. affecting image; two sm. closed wormholes on lower borderline and sm. closed tear in lower blank margin; possibly washed.
= Extremely rare and very decorative map showing the area from i.a. Den Bosch and Eindhoven in the North to i.a. Paris, Reims and Metz in the South(-east). F.M. IV, 454D (5). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXVIII.
- (Sl.) yellowed. = Van der Krogt/ Koeman II, 3230:2.
"Arena Martis in Belgio, qua Provinciae X Catholicae Inferioris Germaniae." Handcol. engr. map w. title cartouche and cartouche w. 2 lions holding an inset view of Liège, 49x57 cm., Nürnberg, J.B. Homann, ±1730.
- Split at upper end of middle fold; trifle yellowed along middle fold.
AND 3 other, smaller maps of Flanders, i.a. "Gallia Belgica" (handcol., from C. CELLARIUS, Notitia Orbis Antiqui, ±1705), "Carte du Comté de Flandre" (from P. VAN DER AA, ±1715).
- Sl. wrinkled in left margin (incl. left margin of image); waterstained in upper blank margin, sl. affecting running title.
= Signature mark T iij, p.clxix-clxx.
AND 4 other lvs. from the same work: a leaf from the same copy (p.ciij-ciiij) w. a woodcut profile of Mons/ Bergen, and 3 lvs. showing Liège, Aachen, and Brabant (3x).
- Trifle foxed (mainly) in blank margins; vertical fold in centre.