5613 - 5827 PRINTS - FOREIGN TOPOGRAPHY. MAPS, PLANS, VIEWS
- A few rubbed spots; partly browned/ soiled.
- Sl. foxed in blank margins and vaguely in lower left corner of map.
= Decorative map showing also the southern tip of Norway, the greater part of the Netherlands and sm. parts of France and Denmark.
- A few foxed/ soiled spots; vertical fold in centre.
= Charming map, covering Canterbury, Sandwich, Deal, Dover, Bromley, Rochester, Maidstone, Dartford, Gravesend and Ashford.
- Sl. browned; colouring crude.
= Koeman IV, p.378,  or *. Edition before the addition of sea current arrows.
- Sl. creased; vertically folded.
ADDED: "Zee custen van Hispangien, als Granada, Andaluzia, Algarve, Portugael, Galißien en Biscajen; met een gedeelte van Vranckryck streckende van Heysant tot de Straet van Gibralter, de Bocht van Vranckryck ingecort." Engr. chart w. cartouche, 42,3x53,5 cm., ibid., J. and G. van Loon, ±1680.
- Sl. foxed and stained; vertically folded.
AND 1 other chart showing the North Sea.
= Based on John Rocque's map from his A new and accurate Survey of the Cities of London and Westminster (1748), and showing the area from Hammersmith in the east to Woolwich in the west and from Hampstead in the north to Greenwich in the south. The city of London at this time extending only from Westminster and Hyde Park to Wapping just east of the Tower.
- Mounted on board and sl. browned; unobtrusive former fold (or closed tear?) running vertically just right of former middle fold.
- Yellowed/ sl. browned in image; browned in upper and part of left and right blank margins (due to former passepartout); two small holes/ dams. in upper outer blank corners.
= Van der Krogt/ Koeman II, 7800:2.
- Sl. browned/ foxed; vague waterstains along left and right margins; part of right blank margin remargined, right border sl. affected; closed tear at upper end of middle fold; partly strengthened on verso along margins. On rather heavy paper.
- Folded several times; (water)stained and soiled; a few marginal tears; strengthened on verso w. paper along folds.
- Sl. yellowed; middle fold w. closed splits at both ends; blank margins sl. frayed.
= Van der Krogt/ Koeman II, 8330:2.
= Nice series done in the manner of outline-etchings, and apparently meant to be coloured by hand.
- Sl. age-toned. = Van der Krogt/ Koeman I, 7250:1.3.
- Both outer ends of middle fold split (closed w. scotch tape).
AND 6 other engr. maps of (parts of) Italy, all 18th cent., all but one w. handcol. borders, i.a. "L'Italie" and "Royaume de Naples et de Sicile" (both by E. DUSSY (engr.)/ G. ROBERT DE VAUGONDY) and "Middle or Proper Italy" (by E. BOWEN).
- Former folds as published; (closed) tear along fold in lower right corner (±5 cm.); a few very vague yellowed spots. Not examined outside frame.
= Splendid plan, based on the 16th century plan published by Braun and Hogenberg. Van der Krogt/ Koeman IV-2/2, 3636. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXXV.
= "Plan des antiquitez de Rome representees et distinguees suivant la situation de chacun de ses anciens monuments" (caption at the top).
AND 2 other handcol. (sl.) smaller engr. plans of Rome, both late 17th cent., both framed.
- Browned; a few rubbed/ foxed spots.
= Shows Mexico, the countries of Central America, Cuba and surrounding islands, and the southern states of the USA.
- Sl. yellowed; sm. tear in upper blank margin; tipped under passepartout w. upper outer blank corners.
= Van den Broecke 167; Van der Krogt/ Koeman IIIB, 8200:31.