5220 - 5568 PRINTS - GRAPHIC ART, 16th-19th CENTURY
- Sl. browned/ foxed; outer lower right blank corner torn off; some handling creases. = Hollstein 208.
- Good contemp. impression on paper with unidentified pot watermark, good margins. Trifle foxed; professionally doubled w. thin Japanese.
= Hollstein 348, only state.
- Broad margins; sl. (dust)soiled (mainly) in margins; 2 sm. tears in upper margin. = Hollstein 1.
AND 5 other engravings, i.a. by V. LEFEBRE and A. WIERIX.
= Both prints supplied in 2 copies.
- Fine, dark impression on paper with Amsterdam watermark and w. ample margins; trifle yellowed.
= Hollstein/ Dutuit 4, 2nd and final state but an early impression with plate-tone and uncleaned plate-edges to the right. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCI.
- Ample margins; sl. foxed; trifle yellowed; spot in centre; w. watermark showing two lions and a crown.
= Hollstein 26, 1st state (of 3); Bartsch 16.
- Flattened middle fold and flattened fold along left and right margin; partly cut within the platemark along right margin, otherwise good/ broad margins; some dustsoiling/ foxing; ticket mounted in lower blank margin; margins strengthened w. paper on verso.
= Hollstein 101, 4th and final state. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCII.
- Old folds; old large tear on 1 fold (restored). = Hollstein 8.
AND a 19th cent. copy of G. ISAC, "Description des anciens bains Romains".
- Trifle yellowed.
= Consisting of a view (17,9x25,2 cm.) w. (parts of) 5 small other views in left and lower margin, of which 3 w. resp. "Montmartre" and (both in reverse) "au Boulevard des Italiens" and "Chauffeurs publics" in the plate. Beraldi 128.
- Partly cut within the plate-mark; occas. wrinkled/ soiled; a few prints tipped onto mount.
= I.a. a title etching with "P. Potter inv. M. de Bye fec." and "no.13" in the image (Hollstein 17, 5th and final state).
AND 3 other etchings of cows, i.a. by N. BERCHEM.
- Occas. foxing in outer blank margins. = Complete set. Hollstein 49-56.
- On paper with watermark of a crown, Briquet 4966 (or very similar), Épinal 1525 or Swiss 1530. Professionaly restored.
= This leaf with March, April, July, August, November and December.
"Der Bawren Kalender/ gestelt auff das M. DCII. Jar." Calendar for 1602 on 2 sheets w. num. small to larger woodcut ills. and icons, printed in black and red, printed area 34x17,3 cm.
- Lacks lower half, only sm. part of second sheet present, and the woodcuts of the months up to half of June; the sheets disjoined; some sm. holes, marginal damages and browned (glue)traces of former mounting. Sold w.a.f.
- Good impression, trimmed just outside the platemark. Upper right corner torn off (corner still attached to mount); a few tiny marginal tears.
= Lieure 670, 2nd state (of 2).
- Vaguely foxed. = Cf. Hollstein Dutch 25-34; cf. Lieure 581.
- Professional restoration (strengthening on verso) in upper left corner..
= De Vesme 29 ("Divers fragments de sculpture"). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCII.
- A few brown spots near margin; first print w. pinhole in centre upper part. = Not in Bartsch.
= From the series "Les Grimaces" (1823-1828). SEE ILLUSTRATION ON TITLE-PAGE.
AND ±35 other (col.) lithograps, all 19th cent., i.a. by H. DAUMIER.