5220 - 5568 PRINTS - GRAPHIC ART, 16th-19th CENTURY
- Sky area and blank margins w. spots nibbled by silverfish (and two tiny spots in land area).
- Very good impression, thread margins.
= Hollstein 6, only state; Bartsch 27. With the collector's mark of L. Valentin (Lugt 2498) on verso. Very rare.
= Attractive plates.
- Blank margins yellowed/ browned.
AND a large mezzotint by P. COTTIN after C. BROCHART.
- Trifle soiled; tear in lower blank margin.
AND 6 others, i.a. 3 etchings by C.L. DAKE.
- A few foxed spots.
AND 4 others, incl. 2 from the same work, being "Plechtigheden van het feest Purim" and "Hoogtens gewyd tot den dienst der afgoden, en allerhanden Grouwel" (the last print two sm. wormholes in caption).
- Formerly folded in eight; trifle/ sl. yellowed/ soiled/ foxed and w. some sm. tears in ample blank margins.
= Impressive and skillfully engraved print showing Moses with the two stone tablets under an arch, surrounded by allegorical figures and (scrollwork) cartouches with engr./ letterpress biblical text in French and Latin. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCVII.
- Browned; some small marginal tears; old middle-fold.
= F.M. 5455a; Atlas van Stolk 5373. Rare and remarkable print.
AND 1 other.
- Good/ fine impressions on thin paper; occas. sl. creased/ gluestained in corner(s).
= Various series, mostly w. engr. number below image, i.a. biblical scenes (10x), scenes on the waterfront (7x) and a walking man in a mountainous landscape.
- Sl. dustsoiled (mainly in margins) and occas. sl. soiled/ foxed; a few lvs. loosening. Binding trifle bumped.
= Scenes are i.a. the rape of Proserpina; a landscape with Venus and Adonis, embraced, surrounded by cupids and Actaeon finding Diana and her nymphs bathing in the woods.
- Yellowed/ soiled and creased; sm. marginal tear; strengthened on verso.
AND 1 other.
- First print sl. foxed; second print sl. foxed and vaguely stained.
= Two sl. different stipple-engraved renderings of the same painting by Charles Lemire Ainé.
Rambert, C. (1867-1932). "l'Hiver". "l'Été". "l'Automne". Three (of 4) lithographs, 51,7x37,4 cm., publ. in l'Ornementation au XIXeme Siècle, Paris, Blandin, ±1880.
- l'Été and l'Hiver trifle/ sl. dampstained.
AND 4 others, incl. two sets of twelve (wood)engr. ills. to the months, tipped onto 3 mounts.
- Top section waterst.; sm. tear in lower margin.
Bromley, F. (act. 1832-1870). "The Peninsular Heroes assembled at the United Service Club". Mezzotint after J.P. KNIGHT, 56,7x90 cm., engr. caption below image, publ. by H. Graves & Co., London, 1847.
- Top section waterst.; a few marginal tears.
AND 1 other similar historical print ("The Presentation of Magna Charta, A.D. 1215").
- The apostles only, without Christ.
= Hollstein 87-99. Copies in reverse, with the names of the apostles added.