5220 - 5568 PRINTS - GRAPHIC ART, 16th-19th CENTURY
- All fine.
= The work in which these prints were published is sometimes (errosneously) attrib. to Hieronymus van Alphen (cf. Buijnsters p.392).
- Sl. browned/ waterst.; upper corners tipped onto mount.
- On paper with unidentified armorial watermark. Trimmed to (just within) the borderline; portion of upper left corner repaired; vague waterstains; old owner's entry/ annot. in brown pen and some scribblings in red pencil on verso.
= Hollstein 28.
- Ample margins; manuscript "(1580)" in pen below the image.
= New Hollstein 149, 1st state (of 2). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCV.
= Nice lot.
- Doubled w. later paper; a few marginal tears and rubbed spots (sl. affecting caption below); sl. foxed.
= Hollstein 31 II; Wurzbach 22; Le Blanc 2. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCIV.
- Rather grey (cleaned) impresions w. ample margins. Plate 6 w. old middle-fold.
= New Hollstein 492-294 and 496.
- All plates without the engr. captions below. Plate 2 lacks small piece of upper right corner.
= New Hollstein Dutch 282-285.
AND 7 other engravings after (probably) the same, i.a. "Et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut (...)" and "Strenuus hic Christi vivens Athleta Philippus (...)".
- Lacks plate 46.
Idem. "Pancarpium Marianum". Series of 40 (of 51) engravings (incl. title and frontisp.) 11,5x8,7 cm., engr. text in 3 columns below by J. DAVID, totally measuring 18,7x12,5 cm.
- A few closed tears in margins (partly touching/ in image); blank margins sl. creased. = Rare.
Senus, W. (±1773-1851). "Vrede in Europa." Stipple-engraving after C. VAN CUYLENBURG, 54,5x67 cm., without address, 1802.
- Middle-fold; sl. frayed in top margin. = F.M. 5613.
Idem. "De Reden". Stipple-engraving after J. KAMPHUYSEN, 52x39 cm., w. engr. calligraphed caption and "Proefdruk" below image.
- Small tear in right margin (1 cm. into image); two vague oblique folds; a few tiny specks.
= Allegory of Reason.
- Corners badly dam. w. loss of image. Sold w.a.f.
= New Hollstein Dutch 147.
AND a copy of the Farnesian Hercules after H. GOLTZIUS (monogrammed "HG"), badly dam. in right (mainly blank) margin.
- Laid down on mount. Lacks lower right corner w. loss of captions; upper blank margin w. defects (occas. just touching the image). Some foxing, remains of sellotape in left and right margin shining through. Sold w.a.f.
= New Hollstein 378. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCV.
- Lower left blank corner torn off. = Bartsch 52; Hollstein 43.
AND 2 engravings (after) L. VAN LEYDEN, i.a. a poor copy of St. Bartholomew.
- Occas. trifle foxed. Portfolio sl. worn along edges.