5042 - 5199 PRINTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS AND PAINTINGS
- Some foxing.
= With collector's stamp "J.T" on paper w. I Villedary watermark. With annots. on verso "G. Lairesse". SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXVI.
= Provenance: the collection Van Beeck Calkoen. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXVI.
= After F.M. 1352, w. manuscript key tipped onto the same mount. With attribution on mount to J. Stolker (1724-1785).
- Upper, left and right margin trimmed (w. loss of image); some repairs.
- Neatly restored copies with new margins.
= Nice allegorical cartouches after two etchings by H. Quellinus after A. Quellinus, depicting sculpture in the Amsterdam town hall (±1660). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXVII.
WITH the two etchings, both "AQ HQ" and numb. "LXXXVI" and "LXXXVII" (both supplied in 2 copies, 1x with and 1x without Roman numb.).
= With attrib. on mount to N. BERCHEM.
= On 18th cent. paper with Elephant watermark w. R (Churchill 189). With modern attribution to Roeland van Eynden on verso frame.
- Paperflaws, repaired tear in upper right corner and left margin.
- Folded twice; sl. soiled.
- Mount trifle soiled/ stained. = Charming small drawing.
AND an early 19th cent.(?) anonymous pen and black ink drawing showing two men seated near the ruins of a classical building in an Italianate landscape (±20x15 cm. Small marginal tears; lower left corner dam.).
- Strengthened on verso in lower left corner. = Nice drawing, w. attribution on verso to J.G. von Dillis.
- Browned and dustsoiled.
= In 1818 at Plancenoit, the Prussian king Friederich Wilhelm III erected a memorial for the Prussian fallen soldiers during the battle of Waterloo, also known as the Schinkel-Tabernakel von Belle-Alliance.
= Probably by C.B. Buijs or his circle.
- Lower left corner restored and w. vague purple annot.
= With the collector's mark of Hans van Leeuwen (Lugt 2799a) on verso.
AND 2 other similar drawings by the same, from the same collection.
- Small foxed spots; 2 thin folds (paper flaw).