5042 - 5199 PRINTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS AND PAINTINGS
- Sl. yellowed and brittle; tear (12 cm.) in image and 1 professionally restored tear; a few tiny tears in outer margins.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXVII.
= Probably Scheveningen. Attribution on passepartout to Johannes Schouten (1716-1792), with collector's mark.
- Slightly yellowed.
= Attractive drawing. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXVIII.
- Sm. tear in lower margin (0,7 cm.); tiny inkspot in outer right margin; sl. yellowed.
= Nice seascape.
- Tiny spot in upper right corner restored.
= With the collector's mark of Hans van Leeuwen (Lugt 2799a) on verso. "J.J. Spohler" in pencil supplied on verso. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXIX.
- Paper yellowed/ frayed along extremities; pinholes in corners.
AND 2 others by A. VAN ZEESEN JR.
= I.a the titles Trap der Jeugd (...), De Europise staatssecretaris (1748), Groot A/B/C Boek (...).
- A few closed tears; partly yellowed.
= Shows overlapping French notes, letters and drawings of i.a. Napoleon(?), French soldiers and a map of Europe. Also shows a document titled "Ordre de la Girouette" and several German documents. At the bottom the fictional letter is signed "Antwerpen 30 April 1817. T.S." (possible date and monogram by the artist).
- Sl. foxed.
- Verso w. brown stains in outer margins from former attachment to passepartout.
- Vague oblique fold in left margin. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXIX.
AND 1 other by B.G. TEN BERGE, "Gezicht van de Duinen op het Dorp Bergen en de stad Alkmaar" (drawing, pencil and watercolour, signed and dated "1848" in lower right corner, titled on verso. Sl. dam. in upper left corner).
- Small rubbed/ flaked spot in right corners. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XC.
- Foxed (mainly in upper part). = Labels former frame with signature included.