5042 - 5199 PRINTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS AND PAINTINGS
- Some foxed specks.
AND 3 other miscell. drawings.
- One drawing on paper w. watermark showing a knight on horseback w. below two lines of text starting w. "Willem". Both trifle soiled/ w. a few sm. stains.
- Washed; sl. browned/ stained.
- Defects in outer (mainly blank) margins due to former framing. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXII.
= Verso w. a pencil sketch by the same.
AND 4 other small 19th/ early 20th cent. drawings.
= This also could be a work by Norris Fowler Willett (1859-1924), who used the pseudonym Louis van Sta(a)ten as well.
- Sm. (closed) tear in lower left and right corner; horizontal creases; browned.
= Attribution on verso in pencil. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXIII.
- Outer borders sl. brittle.
= See for comparable drawings the Peabody Art Collection, i.a. accession number MSA SC 4680-13-0341. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXIII.
- Mounted on sl. later board (formerly framed); sl. waterstained along upper and lower outer margins; upper margin of ±5 cm. sl. darkened/ dustsoiled(?); a few sm. light brown stains in sky area.
= Nice view, similar to some of Leickert's paintings.
- Laid down. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXIV.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXIV.
= Military technical drawings.
- Tiny chip in left margin.
= With the (sl. worn) collector's stamp of Pieter Langerhuizen Lzn on verso (Lugt 2095).
- Sl. foxed; folded twice.
AND 7 other architectural drawings, all by Dutch architects, mostly Frisian houses.
- Small tear in sky area. = With attribution on mount to A. Schouman (1710-1792).
= Paper probably French or Southern Low Countries. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXV.
- Laid down on board; some narrow brown stains in outer margins.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXIII.