2154 - 2302 NATURAL HISTORY, MEDICINE, SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, TRANSPORT
- Sl. foxed/ waterst.; owner's entry on title-p.
- Owner's entries on first free endpaper. Spine partly dam; worn along extremities; corners showing.
= Garrrison/ Morton p.390; Hirsch II, p.5; Bibl. Walleriana 1943.
- The plate vol. only, lacking the title-p. and the other textleaf (2nd title-p.?). Trifle/ sl. foxed; a few fold. plates w. (repaired) tears. Binding sl. worn and w. old restorations.
= With scattered late 19th cent. Dutch annots. in pencil, and w. old owner's entry "G.L.W.C. IJske - 16 Juni 1890" on first free endpaper. Choulant p.151f; Wellcome III, p.535. Loder's aim was the compilation in one work of all the best representations then known in the different branches of anatomy, supplemented by representations of original preparations. In 31 plates the vascular system is represented in colour.
- Occas. trifle foxed; both vols. sm. ticket on last free endpaper. Both vols. upper joint splitting; 2nd vol. lower joint splitting at top of spine.
= Hirsch IV, p.285; cf. Osler 1182 and Wellcome IV, p.178 (all other editions).
- Poor copy: a few plates partly crudely handcol. and dam./ torn; foxed/ waterst.; contents loose(ning).
= Gouda Quint 28. Nice caricature plates.
- Occas. sl. foxed; titlle-p. sl. water-/ dampst. Joints splitting.
= Westwood/ Satchell, Bibl. Piscatoria p.226. Reprint of the 1797 Hawkins edition.
- Lacks one fold. plate in rear pocket.
AND 2 others, i.a. STRUCTURE OF THE BEE SHOWN IN MODEL (London, n.d. (±1900), 2 col. lithogr. volvelle models, orig. wr., obl. 8vo. Spine broken; text page sl. foxed; both wr. and one plate-leaf sl. dampstained in lower margin).
- Lacks 18 cards. The flimsies on the backs of the cards sl. foxed, otherwise the plates fine. The box soiled/ yellowed, w. bumped corners, w. 2 sides lacking and one side joints breaking; catalogue ticket pasted to inside lid.
= The first edition, before the added (perforated) stars surrounding the central constellations. Nice chart set showing some major constellations and subconstellations, the illustrations based on Alexander Jamieson's A Celestial Atlas of 1822, and with the addition of holes punched in them allowing them to be held up to a light to see a depiction of the constellation's stars.
- Good copy. Renewed endpapers; a few plates sl. browned.
= Houzeau/ Lancaster 8899; De la Lande p.525. First published as "Idée générale de l'astronomie (...)".
- Backstrip broken on one joint.
- Trifle foxed; one tissue guard torn. = Brockett 5272; Liebmann/ Wahl 1203.
- Trifle foxed. Backstrip worn; wr. sl. creased and frayed. = Rare.
- Vol.1 lacking part of title-p.; occas. trifle foxed. Both vols. spine-ends sl. splitting.
= Lindeboom 421; BMN p.248; Hirsch I, p.508.
- Both vols. owner's entry on first free endpaper. Joints of text vol. starting and corners sl. worn. Otherwise fine.
- Occas. sl. foxed. All vols. backstrip lacking or dam.
= A complete set consists of 17 vols.
- Fine copy. Binding sl. rubbed along extremities. = Nissen, BBI 2350.
- Without vol. 6 (a complete set contains 232 plates).; occas. slightly foxed (1 plate worse); textpages loose(ning) and occas. frayed. Backstrips dam./ worn; paper over covers worn. Sold as a collection of plates not subject to return.
= Nissen, BBI 2241. Rare.
- Both vols. (sl.) foxed; first vol. partly stained in upper outer corner.
= Rare almanac, giving detailed information on many plants.
AND 2 others.
- Preliminary leaves loose. Joints worn. = With several loose specimens in rear pocket.