1112 - 1634 FINE PRINTING, ILLUSTRATED BOOKS, CARICATURE
- Trifle yellowed/ waterstained in upper and lower outer blank margin. Binding trifle rubbed/ scratched; spine sl. sunned; slipcase sl. worn along extremities.
- Corners and spine-ends sl. bumped. = Dreyfus 45.
- Annotation in pen on title-p. Wr. frayed along extremities; spine-ends dam. = Bilderwelt 2655 (later ed.).
- A very fine copy.
= Monod 6262; Carteret IV, p.214: "l'Une des meilleures productions de Maurice Denis, bien inspiré en illustrant ce livre en noir." Copy bound in full darkblue mor. by NOULHAC, w. giltlettered ribbed spine, mor. doublure margins w. multiple gilt fillet lines, blue silk doublures and flyleaves, gilt boardedges, a.e.g., orig. wr., pres. (sl. dam.) slipcase; frontcover w. an inlay pictorial engraved and handcol. wooden panel by GUSTAVE GUÉTANT. Remarkable copy in a unique binding, with the following extras: an ORIGINAL CHARCOAL DESIGN DRAWING (for the print on p.220), a PROOF of a lithograph and a COLOUR WOODCUT (monogrammed in the block; sl. foxed), all by MAURICE DENIS, all bound before the htitle, which is signed by the artist; the original prospectus (VII,(1)p.), 5 ORIGINAL DESIGN DRAWINGS (charcoal/ charcoal heightened w. white/ watercolour/ soft pencil/ soft pencil heigthened w. white) and a photogr. plate (verso w. autogr. signed dedication to Henri Vever by the artist) for/ of the pictorial wooden panel by GUSTAVE GUÉTANT, as well as the original invoice to Vever for making the panel, all bound at the end. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XI.
- Spine-ends sl. rubbed/ worn. = Pia 341.
Vergès, P. Cuisant noviciat. Ibid., idem, 1934, 1st ed., 252,(1)p., 12 helio-engr. plates by J. BLACK, orig. wr. (foot of spine sl. dam.). - AND 3 others, i.a. A. MURTYS, Esclaves malgré elles ou Les Captives Domtées (Paris, n.d. (±1930), plates by O. RIDRIK, orig. wr.) and R. HALLERER, In weiblicher Peitschensucht (Hamburg, n.d. (±1980), orig. cl. Facs. reprint).
- Remnants of bookplate on verso first free endpaper. Very fine copy.
= One of 75 numb. and signed copies, bound in orig. gilt dec. vellum des. by J.B. VAN HEUKELOM, t.e.g., 4to.
- All lvs. w. diagonal fold in lower right corner.
= One of 25 copies SIGNED by Johan Dijkstra, this copy with all woodcuts also SIGNED by him.
- Contents a few small tears in outer blank margins. Wr. a few chips/ sm. tears. Good copy.
= l'Assiette au Beurre no. 30.
- Occas. foxed, mainly in blank margins. Vol. 1 and 3 rebacked w. matching cloth and w. use of (part of) orig. backstrip, and corners restored; bindings w. some (sm.) stains and sl. worn along extremities.
= 1. De Hel; 2. Het Vagevuur; 3. Het Paradijs. The Dutch translation next to the Italian original.
- Wihout vol. 1 (Guinevere) and 2 (Vivien). Partly foxed; one plate loose. One vol. backstrip loosening; both vols. covers sl. worn.
= Cf. Leblanc p.332.
= Produced in 65 sets. Comprises poems printed by i.a. Augustijn Pers, Houtpers, Kalamos Pers, Koekanger Handpers, Lojen Deur Pers, Mikado Pers, Statenhofpers, De Uitvreter and Hester Verkruissen.
= Published on occasion of the 100th anniversary of the author's death. Contains contributions printed by private presses from Leyden and surroundings, i.a. De Ammoniet, Avalon Pers, Clipeus Pers, Pers No.14 and De Uitvreter.
- Corners and spine sl. worn along extremities; silk trifle rubbed along margins; silk ties almost gone.
= Rare copy of the DELUXE edition, with nice pictorial silk wrappers. Not in the usual reference works. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XI.
- Apart from the following minor defects a desirable copy: bookblock splitting; ties lacking; first (and final) free endpaper browned and w. contemp. owner's entry; upper pastedown w. sm. bookshop ticket. Frontcover partly sl. discolored.
= Announcement for an exhibition in 1912 of Edmund Dulac's drawings for "The Bells and other Poems" loosely inserted. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XII.
- Spine and sm. portion frontcover discoloured.
= One of 70 numbered copies on "deutschen Bütten", bound in full gilt decorated leather by CURT MÖLLER-FERNAU.
- Chemises worn on joints; slipcase worn/ sl. dam. at extremities.
= Monod 3189. Copy marked "H.C.", printed on the name of "Docteur Henriëtte Eekman", the colophon of vol. 1 signed "Eekman" in pencil and w. the artist's monogram stamp in red, the colophon of vol. 2 signed "E", with all drypoints signed "Eekman" in pencil (6x monogrammed "E"). With signed dedication "Pour ma chère Henriette avec toute mon affection. Niko Eekman, 20 Octobre 1948 Paris" and ORIGINAL DRAWING in pen and brown ink and 6 other small original pen and ink drawings on half- and divisional titles. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XII.
- Sl. rubbed along extremities.
- With the bookplate of M.B.B. Nijkerk on verso first free endpaper.
= One of 5 copies entirely PRINTED ON VELLUM, bound in gilt panelled brown mor., gilt ribbed spine, mor. doublure margins w. multiple gilt fillet lines, gilt boardedges, t.e.g. Kept in matching custom made gilt mor. dropback box. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XII.